To upgrade from any previous 4.x release, follow the steps in your website's http://mybaseurl/upgrader.php script. You will need to copy the URL of the attached TAR file as one of these steps ("3: Upload an upgrade TAR for extraction").
Please make sure you take a backup before uploading your new files!
» alternatively (but not recommended), you can manually upload the files inside the attached TAR file over existing files (7-zip is just one of many tools for tar files). This is not recommended because it will bypass the upgraders addon-aware extraction algorithm and potentially cause problems.
If you don't follow our advice by taking and testing a backup, and end up needing emergency repair help, ocProducts can help charged at our hourly rate.
For more details, see our upgrading tutorial.
Fixed have been made for all known bugs. In addition some new features have been added:
- The newsletter addon has been completely overhauled:
- The interface has been made more user-friendly
- It now provides support for CSV files of addresses (export, and using a CSV file to determine who to send mailings to)
- You can now send "Pure HTML" emails, bypassing the MAIL template
- You can now embed unsubscribe links directly in emails (details will be on our website in our next tutorial update)
- Subscribers may enter their name, and you can refer to their name in the newsletter via a new template substitution system
- You can now disable "Interest Levels", to reduce the complexity of the subscription process
- You can now override the email "Priority", "From name", and "From email address", when you send out your newsletter
- A new "Custom graphics" block has been added, allowing:
- Diverse font choice via sIFR ("Flash replacement")
- Drawing onto theme images, to quickly replicate content-including graphics over your site
- Easy creation of rollover buttons
- Improved news category selection screen
- A number of forms in the system have been made more user-friendly.
- Many other little usability improvements all over the system.
- A phpBB 3 importer
- An AEF forum driver
- A myBB forum driver
- Support for decimal number custom profile fields