To upgrade from any previous 4 RC release, follow the steps in your website's http://mybaseurl/upgrader.php script. You will need to copy the URL of the attached TAR file as one of these steps ("3: Upload an upgrade TAR for extraction").
Please make sure you take a backup before uploading your new files!
» alternatively (but not recommended), you can manually upload the files inside the attached TAR file over existing files (7-zip is just one of many tools for tar files). This is not recommended because it will bypass the upgraders addon-aware extraction algorithm and potentially cause problems.
If you don't follow our advice by taking and testing a backup, and end up needing emergency repair help, ocProducts can help charged at our hourly rate.
For more details, see our upgrading tutorial.
Many fixes have been made since RC3, most importantly:
- Fixed major problem with the quick installer on some servers
- Fixed adding new branches in the menu editor
- Fixed the "Clicking username starts IM" option
- Fixed/overhauled how the Custom Profile Field permission settings are applied
- Fixes to automatic hack attack prevention
- Fixes to search engine friendly URLs