To upgrade follow the steps in your website's http://mybaseurl/upgrader.php script. You will need to copy the URL of the attached TAR file as one of these steps ("3: Upload an upgrade TAR for extraction").
Please make sure you take a backup before uploading your new files!
» alternatively (but not recommended), you can manually upload the files inside the attached TAR file over existing files (7-zip is just one of many tools for tar files). This is not recommended because it will bypass the upgraders addon-aware extraction algorithm and potentially cause problems.
Your upgrade to version 4.3
If you'd prefer though you can enter in your version number right here:
If you don't follow our advice by taking and testing a backup, and end up needing emergency repair help, ocProducts can help charged at our hourly rate.
For more details, see our upgrading tutorial.
In addition to the bug fixes, performance improvements, and usability improvements, the following new features have been implemented:
- Wordpress, Joomla, and HTML website importers
- iCal exporter
- Quiz results CSV exporter
- New Comcode 'pulse' tag
- Improved shared-install functionality
- ocPortal can now run without a database (the inbuilt database is now a bundled feature, although not completely supported or recommended for production sites)
- Added new developer feature for the quick addition of language strings, written (temporarily) in-line into the code
- Added support for running a server behind a proxy server (having to connect via proxy to access external resources)
The following fixes/usability changes have been made since 4.2 RC3:
- Specific permissions are now referenced by more user-friendly specific names when working with specific content types
- Twitter support no longer requires CURL
- Fixed Comcode permission bug in support tickets
- Fixed type strictness error
- Preparation to possibly support Facebook's "Hip Hop PHP" in the future
- Made things more stable if ocPortal 4.1 is not properly upgraded
- Added support for using PHP in templates, but is not advised and disabled by default
- Fixed bug where editing a clubs forum would remove the clubs access to it
- Reduced memory usage on Zone Editor
- Reduced memory usage on Addon management screen
- Made it clearer what the development tools dropdown in the footer is for
- Clarified the upgraders 'module moved' message
- Added missing description for the 'main_screen_actions' block
- Fixed bugs in the backup restoration code
- Improved calendar event tracking code and visuals
- Clarified the "Providing downloads" tutorial
- Laid out the addon management screen better
- Tidied up how the 'wide' mode works, allowed a 'bot' panel to work in wide mode
- Fixed error in previous 4.3 releases on Windows, relating to .lcd files
- Added main_leader_board 'staff' property to the Add Block tool
- Added additional 'TITLE' parameter to the side_root_galleries block
- Fixed bug that stopped the chat room working when the 'Site-Wide IM' option was on
- Fixed bug with CSS caching in print mode
- Fixed little bug in the set of icons shown in the Permission Tree Editor
- Added 'panel_bottom' support in the default templates
- Removed excess 'Required' message on the Comcode error screen
- Removed extraneous slash symbols on Permission tree Editor
- Fixed spacing problem for topic icons on OCF forumview
- The PHP 'parse_ini_file' function is no longer required
- Workaround to problem with 'avatar' field based on SMF error mail received
- Fixed bug in addon import screen
- Improved the multi-field API for programmers
- Fixes/improvements to shared-install support:
- Improved multisite support on the Comcode Page Editor, and improved consistency with how specific permissions work there
- Fixed theme image bug when running in multisite mode
- Allowed the 'uploads/incoming' directory to be auto-created, to aid migration of 4.1.x multisite installs
- Allowed CRON to run on ocPortal multisite installs without extensive configuration
- Fixed problems with the upload system on multisite installs
- Allowed language files to be overridden better on multisite installs
Many other fixes are included, see the following news posts to see all other changes:
- ocPortal.com - News: ocPortal 4.3 RC1 released!
- ocPortal.com - News: 4.3 RC2 released
- ocPortal.com - News: 4.3 RC3 released
Any common upgrade problems are being tracked in this forum topic.
If you have another problem, please file a bug report and ocProducts will respond and update the topic accordingly.