The featuresNew features include:
- Online store (shopping cart)
- Big cleanup of blogging/news features
- Tidy-up of galleries
- Posting-rate graph
- True multi-language support - virtually all content (news posts, forum posts, CEDI pages, etc) can be translated.
- More data-conversion choices - importing from CSV files, RSS and JPEG meta-data, and ocPortal's new XML format for synchronisation of data between sites
- Google Sitemap generation
- Twitter and Facebook syndication
- A new weather block to show the current weather in a given location
- Refreshed forum driver support (IPB3, vBulletin 3.8, SMF 2)
- All the menu templates and CSS have been rewritten to be far easier to understand and modify
- About 30 new config options, to allow greater flexibility
- Error messages are now much more thorough, providing solutions on how to resolve the errors
- Performance improvements, particularly to reduce memory usage
- Search-friendly URLs (URLs with keywords in, rather than ID numbers)
- Reviews support (e.g. people can post reviews for a catalogue entry)
- MkPortal import, and feature parity: Slide-shows and eCards from galleries, Top-sites support
- New 'carousel' Comcode tag
- Overhaul of the support ticket system, including SMS alert support
- Encrypted custom profile fields (CPFs) and privacy settings
- Flash and Java based uploaders
- Further improved best practice compliance for web standards, and support for the semantic web ("Web 3.0") - Microformat support, Dublin Core support, and more
- tonnes more (most of which is documented across various posts in our public staff chat forum)
To upgrade follow the steps in your website's http://mybaseurl/upgrader.php script. You will need to copy the URL of the attached TAR file as one of these steps ("3: Upload an upgrade TAR for extraction").
Please make sure you take a backup before uploading your new files!
» alternatively (but not recommended), you can manually upload the files inside the attached TAR file over existing files (7-zip is just one of many tools for tar files). This is not recommended because it will bypass the upgraders addon-aware extraction algorithm and potentially cause problems.
Your upgrade to version 4.2
If you'd prefer though you can enter in your version number right here:
If you don't follow our advice by taking and testing a backup, and end up needing emergency repair help, ocProducts can help charged at our hourly rate.
For more details, see our upgrading tutorial.
Any common upgrade problems and known issues are being tracked in this forum topic.
If you have another problem, please file a bug report and ocProducts will respond and update the topic accordingly.