To upgrade follow the steps in your website's http://mybaseurl/upgrader.php script. You will need to copy the URL of the attached TAR file as one of these steps ("3: Upload an upgrade TAR for extraction").
» alternatively (but not recommended), you can manually upload the files inside the attached TAR file over existing files (7-zip is just one of many tools for tar files). This is not recommended because it will bypass the upgraders addon-aware extraction algorithm and potentially cause problems.
Your upgrade to version 4.2.1
If you'd prefer though you can enter in your version number right here:
If you don't follow our advice by taking and testing a backup, and end up needing emergency repair help, ocProducts can help charged at our hourly rate.
For more details, see our upgrading tutorial.
Fixes have been made to the following issues:
- Major fix for Internet Explorer on forms with upload fields that are optional alternatives to URL fields.
- Major fix to new Flash uploader when a validation error happens just after an attached file uploads
- Workaround in new Flash uploader for Flash cookie caching bug
- Fixed support for .op files
- Major fix to theme images
- LDAP fix (one specific problem - note that we are only supporting OpenLDAP and ActiveDirectory)
- Fix to SEF URLs, when item names of items deep within a tree are edited
- Fix to SEF URLs, when item names of items are edited and no changes made to the name
- Many minor fixes (too many to list)
Also the following feature changes have been made:
- Support for closing support tickets from inside the tickets module (customers may use this also)
- Various measures to introduce better stability for developers, when errors happen
- Drag+Drop uploading for posting forms, on Firefox 3.6 (currently in alpha) and browsers with Google Gears installed (this is really cool)
- New icons for addon/module management