To upgrade follow the steps in your website's http://mybaseurl/upgrader.php script. You will need to copy the URL of the attached TAR file as one of these steps ("3: Upload an upgrade TAR for extraction").
» alternatively (but not recommended), you can manually upload the files inside the attached TAR file over existing files (7-zip is just one of many tools for tar files). This is not recommended because it will bypass the upgraders addon-aware extraction algorithm and potentially cause problems.
Your upgrade to version 4.2 RC3
If you'd prefer though you can enter in your version number right here:
If you don't follow our advice by taking and testing a backup, and end up needing emergency repair help, ocProducts can help charged at our hourly rate.
For more details, see our upgrading tutorial.
We're very pleased that this version has the full online store (eCommerce functionality) we have previously announced, fully tested & tuned. We've gone to particular efforts to make sure that ocPortal's entry into this new area is competent.
Whilst this was all being finalised we took the opportunity to make some other small improvements:
- The user interface to the block assistant tool has been overhauled to be far more user friendly.
- Language strings can and will now handle pluralism correctly. For example, instead of "There are 1 entries" you will see "There is 1 entry".
- The menu styles have been improved a bit.
- A new emoticon popup button has been placed next to all Comcode fields.
- When you export a theme add-on it automatically fills in the add-on description details from the theme description details.
- A common pattern of spam posts is now automatically filtered out.
- Forum selection lists have been replaced with ocPortal tree lists, so complex forum tree structures are easier to work with.
- The scope of the Admin Zone search has been increased a bit, and tuned a bit more.
- If files from uninstalled addons accidentally get re-uploaded, ocPortal is now less likely to fail with database errors.
- We no longer refer to 'Root' in public language strings, preferring the use of the word 'Home' (e.g. "Forum Home" instead of "Forum Root").
- You can now use the arrow keys to make selections from auto-completing inputs (e.g. username selection inputs).
- The shoutbox block now has a parameter for how many messages are shown.
- When you use the Add New Page wizard, it'll allow you to put a link into menus that are referenced but currently empty.
- Various bug fixes and usability improvements have also been made, in particularly IE6 compatibility issues.