To upgrade follow the steps in your website's http://mybaseurl/upgrader.php script. You will need to copy the URL of the attached TAR file as one of these steps ("3: Upload an upgrade TAR for extraction").
» alternatively (but not recommended), you can manually upload the files inside the attached TAR file over existing files (7-zip is just one of many tools for tar files). This is not recommended because it will bypass the upgraders addon-aware extraction algorithm and potentially cause problems.
Your upgrade to version 4.1.13
If you'd prefer though you can enter in your version number right here:
If you don't follow our advice by taking and testing a backup, and end up needing emergency repair help, ocProducts can help charged at our hourly rate.
For more details, see our upgrading tutorial.
Fixes have been made to the following issues:
- Fixed a number of PHP 5.3 compatibility issues: date.timezone requirement, 'split' deprecation
- Added sorting to the calendar upcoming events block
- Fixed problem in the back button image when you clicked through to a calendar event, from the calendar events block
- Comcode language strings are now de-cached if you edit the underlying language string
- Comcode language strings no longer produce fatal errors if they are invalid
- Fixed potential infinite loop if the menu caches corrupt
- Fixed problem with bot detection
- Allowed SEO URLs to work from CRON scripts (previously it would not as it got scared Apache was not running)
- Fixed problem if you resubmitted the language editor and chose to not resend post data, your language file customisations would be emptied
- As above, but in template editor
- Improved CSS for the calendar top bar, so it works better on IE6 and is pixel-perfect
- Fixed race conditions emptying the language and template caches (i.e. if you empty in the exact millisecond someone else is reading, a locking error could have previously happened)
- Fixed bug if Comcode is asked to render a table with only a single cell
- Fixed error in downloads and catalogues systems where it was saying there were no subcategories when there were (problem with the language strings)
- Fixed ordering for the "show member's recent posts" link
- Fixed race condition emptying the file-based persistent cache
- Fixed two very minor type-strictness errors
- Worked around problems with the helper panel image display, on Internet Explorer
- Fixed typo on match-key permissions screen, and clarified language
- Fixed usability issue on calendar week view, it now says what months weeks are in
- Fixed stack trace if you incorrectly specified the dimensions to the 'flash' Comcode tag
- Fixed minor issue with the latest "Hack attack" e-mail being sent after a "Hacker was IP banned" e-mail (i.e. wrong order leading to a little confusion)
- Fixed broken "zone editor" links as generated from the Site Tree Editor
- Stopped connectivity problems when pinging news services (when adding/editing news) causing fatal errors
- Fixed bad IP addresses causing fatal errors
- Fixed rare false-positive hack-attack mail
4.2 RC1 also includes these fixes except the last one which will be fixed in RC2.