To upgrade from any previous release, follow the steps in your website's http://mybaseurl/upgrader.php script. You will need to copy the URL of the attached TAR file as one of these steps ("3: Upload an upgrade TAR for extraction").
» alternatively (but not recommended), you can manually upload the files inside the attached TAR file over existing files (7-zip is just one of many tools for tar files). This is not recommended because it will bypass the upgraders addon-aware extraction algorithm and potentially cause problems.
Your upgrade to version 4.1.2
If you'd prefer though you can enter in your version number right here:
If you don't follow our advice by taking and testing a backup, and end up needing emergency repair help, ocProducts can help charged at our hourly rate.
For more details, see our upgrading tutorial.
Fixes have been made to the following issues:
- 'Missing template parameter' on catalogue email fields
- Problem adding attachments to support tickets
- Avatar display problem on member screen in IE in some circumstances
- Minor panel display issue if panel box shown outside panels
- Problems if ocPortal screens called on command line
- DB compatibility problems in forum importers
- Upgrader will now install files for new addons (addons that haven't been seen by the current install - i.e. aren't installed or uninstalled).
- Upgrader now smarter when extracting, and gives more feedback and advice
- Minor bug when deleting first post in topic
- Improvements to how tooltips render (recursive expand problem)
- Error on installer if there's a fatal-exit (true error messages not coming through)
- Problem adding two new menu items right after each other [pure XHTML mode only]
- Menu reordering problem (only happens on some menus / new menus)
- Two minor bugs deleting menus
- Asynchronous issue on tree-list node expansion
- Very minor site tree expansion problem (type strictness)
- Infinite loop when placing the main_comments block
- Minor redirect problem in API (keep_session)
- Can not re-add zones that already existed, if the disk files have been lost (and the zone wasn't properly erased)
- Minor type-strictness error
- Specific permission Admin Zone search links wrong
- File_get_contents http_download_file method is inefficient- can get too much data
- Anomalous hack attack for some download uploading on some servers
- Minor current-field highlighting issue in menu editor
- Error when adding language then going to edit Comcode page (dirs needed manually making)
- Deleting gallery redirects to said gallery, hence error
- Admin zone search, if there are full module overrides
- Custom Comcode tags do not cache safely (Tempcode evaluated)
- Shift encoding broken in some circumstances
- If template cache is emptied, an error will happen on first load of permission selector interface if this is the next screen loaded
- Problems with JS relating to popup menus on fixed-width designs
- Improved quick reply preview
- Comcode pages not loading on shared installs, and avatars/photos not working (unofficial feature which we use internally)
- Abstract file manager broken on Windows servers
Also an SMF forum importer has been added.