4.1.1 has intentionally been made a very safe upgrade, to bring ocPortal to a very stable point. The only changes in 4.1.1 that are applicable to upgraded sites are bug fixes, and all fixes have been double-checked for correctness.
To upgrade from 4.1.0, follow the steps in your website's http://mybaseurl/upgrader.php script. You will need to copy the URL of the attached TAR file as one of these steps ("3: Upload an upgrade TAR for extraction").
Please be aware that the upgrade tar is produced only to upgrade from v4.1.0, not early v4 releases.
» alternatively (but not recommended), you can manually upload the files inside the attached TAR file over existing files (7-zip is just one of many tools for tar files). This is not recommended because it will bypass the upgraders addon-aware extraction algorithm and potentially cause problems.
If you don't follow our advice by taking and testing a backup, and end up needing emergency repair help, ocProducts can help charged at our hourly rate.
For more details, see our upgrading tutorial.
The following relatively major bugs have been fixed:
- Problems with the new canonical link system when mod_rewrite enabled
- Incorrect timezone detection for guests
- Problem creating new panels via the zone editor
- Incompatibility with cms_catalogues and cms_galleries on some PHP versions
- Error on flow mode galleries
The following minor bugs have been fixed:
- Bug exporting newsletter subscribers to CSV
- Typo in statistics date chooser UI
- When editing a banner the owner username field was populated with the member ID instead
- Incompatibility between Google Ads and the WYSIWYG editor
- Typo wrt option controlling download statistics display within the stats block
- ADD_TOPIC language string quoted as missing in some block arrangements
- Bad character semantics for the 'times' symbol
- FTP error messages incorrectly suppressed during execution of upgrade script
- Birthdays not showing correct age in the users-online block
- ocPortal API doc error in global.php, and typo in svg.php
- Incorrect import order in myBB importer
- Extraneous line-break in side-personal-stats block template
- Inability to type underscores into code fields
- Incorrect table rendering for video preview boxes
- JS-Tooltips not following mouse
- The Comcode 'insert list' button not working for multiple list items
- Result-browser interface redirecting away instead of sorting
The following browser rendering bugs have been worked around:
- Calendar event viewing on IE6
- Major breadcrumbs problem on IE7, obscuring large part of available resolution
- Member profile viewing on IE6
- Anomalous error messages for some Firefox users
The following usability improvements have been made:
- Anyone who adds a banner and has 'Avoid banners' permission will be informed that they won't see the banner when active.
- In addition a new 'Hidden option' has been added that allows this permission to be turned off even for admins.
- Tiny improvement to printing stylesheet. Tiny rendering improvement in QUERY_SCREEN template. Tiny consistency improvement to ZONE_CHOOSE template.
The following Tempcode improvements have been made:
- PANEL_WIDTH and PANEL_WIDTH_SPACED symbols may now be overridden via variable setting
- A new symbol has been added 'TRIM', which removes white-space (HTML and plain) from either side of a string
- MATCH_KEY_MATCH can now take a list of alternative match-keys, as a shorthand 'OR' match