To upgrade from any previous 4.0.x release, follow the steps in your website's http://mybaseurl/upgrader.php script. You will need to copy the URL of the attached TAR file as one of these steps ("3: Upload an upgrade TAR for extraction").
» alternatively (but not recommended), you can manually upload the files inside the attached TAR file over existing files (7-zip is just one of many tools for tar files). This is not recommended because it will bypass the upgraders addon-aware extraction algorithm and potentially cause problems.
If you don't follow our advice by taking and testing a backup, and end up needing emergency repair help, ocProducts can help charged at our hourly rate.
For more details, see our upgrading tutorial.
Fixes have been made to many bugs, after an apparent post-US-election bug reporting frenzy.
Most importantly three bugs that were caused by the last patch release have been fixed:
- Bug viewing news that existing in multiple news categories.
- Bug in uploading avatars (OCF).
- Timezone selection problems.
This release is just 2 days after the last release, and we felt a little guilty having to advise people to upgrade so soon. So to sweeten the deal we've also added/improved some features for this release:
- The statistics module can now show a new graph that summarises the ages of your members (OCF only).
- The Admin Zone search now covers language string names, language string values, and configuration option values.
- Comcode page search results are greatly improved:
- Intelligent summary extraction, showing the summary with the highest density of your search keywords
- Title extraction
- Much faster rendering
- News/forum/RSS blocks can now have their titles customised with greater ease using block parameters.
- Scrolling news and Comcode will now stop if the visitor hovers their mouse over it.
- SVG graphs now look a little nicer.
- The Logo wizard will now save the logo into both the current and default themes, using correct theme colouring.
- The form autosave feature will no longer run if browser history automatically restored the form itself.
- The form autosave feature will now show a short summary of the data you can recover when it asks you if you would like to.