To upgrade from any previous 4.0.x release, follow the steps in your website's http://mybaseurl/upgrader.php script. You will need to copy the URL of the attached TAR file as one of these steps ("3: Upload an upgrade TAR for extraction").
» alternatively (but not recommended), you can manually upload the files inside the attached TAR file over existing files (7-zip is just one of many tools for tar files). This is not recommended because it will bypass the upgraders addon-aware extraction algorithm and potentially cause problems.
If you don't follow our advice by taking and testing a backup, and end up needing emergency repair help, ocProducts can help charged at our hourly rate.
For more details, see our upgrading tutorial.
Fixes have been made to the following issues:
- Core dump issue (fix was missed from 4.0.2)
- 2 bugs in the main_comcode_page_children block
- Caching fix to the side_zone_jump block
- Improvements to the default .htaccess file
- Fix to the gallery CSS for IE users
- Fix to "current permissions" tooltip in the Permission Tree Editor
- Fix to unofficial addon uninstallation