To upgrade from any previous 3.2.x release you may copy the URL of the attached tar file, and feed it into the http://mybaseurl/force_upgrade.php script on your website to allow it to automatically extract the files.
» alternatively, manually upload the files inside the attached tar file over existing files (7-zip is just one of many tools for tar files).
ocProducts cannot make any guarantees about the speed of which any new bugs might be patched, for this upgrade or any other upgrade. It is your own responsibility to make and test a full website backup before you upgrade, for use in the unlikely event of you wanting to revert your upgrade.
After the files are up, open http://mybaseurl/force_upgrade.php in a web browser, login, and choose to clear caches.
For more details, see our upgrading tutorial.
Fixes have been made to the following issues:
- Fixed erroneous hack attack message caused by long theme names
- Fixed problems with editing language strings when there is no lang/EN version of the language file
- Fixed deletion of warnings, and adding of warnings via member profile
- Added new behind-the-scenes functionality for searching for member profiles only with photos
- Fixed how session expiration could result in lost form submissions
- Fixed AJAX error detection in installer
- Fixed incorrect error message for attaching a non-video when a video is required
- Fixed problem using if_in_group with multiple group IDs
- Fixed a number of time zone problems
- Made error messages shown in the preview frame not include full ocPortal framing
- Fixed incompatibility with SPF (anti-spam technology) that may have led to lost outgoing emails in some cases
- Improved conformance to email composition standards
- Better error checking when previewing posts
- Fixed personal topic creation permission handling
- Adjusted gallery templates
- Improved newsletter archive browsing
- (Updated documentation)