To upgrade from any previous 3.2.x release you may copy the URL of the attached tar file, and feed it into the http://mybaseurl/force_upgrade.php script on your website to allow it to automatically extract the files.
» alternatively, manually upload the files inside the attached tar file over existing files (7-zip is just one of many tools for tar files).
ocProducts cannot make any guarantees about the speed of which any new bugs might be patched, for this upgrade or any other upgrade. It is your own responsibility to make and test a full website backup before you upgrade, for use in the unlikely event of you wanting to revert your upgrade.
After the files are up, open http://mybaseurl/force_upgrade.php in a web browser, login, and choose to clear caches.
For more details, see our upgrading tutorial.
Fixes have been made to the following issues (Described in more detail):
- CEDI validation problem
- Chat room welcome message will not parse Comcode
- Chat room welcome messages do not work
- Problem linking to New York Times
- Problems debugging Comcode
- WYSIWYG editor spell checking problems
- Fixed hack-attack warnings given in some places on sites with very-long site-names
- Unofficial eCommerce framework support for SMF
- Fixed intermittent bug causing a 'DOC_OCCLE' lang string missing error
- Fixed error mail condition caused by unusual web spidering activity
- Fixed WYSIWYG editor bug whereby previewing in HTML-source-viewing mode would cause the HTML code to be overwritten with Comcode
- Made the spell checker language set selector disappear if there are no alternative choices available
- Fixed very rare condition of the misordering between spacer-posts and the first post in a comment topic (OCF)
- New 'Catalogue not found' error message for if a non-existent catalogue is viewed
- Fixed the action-logs link on the member profile view screen (OCF)
- Fixed divide-by-zero error when calculating the results for a quiz that contains no known-correct answers
- Fixed error in the main_content block when certain parameter combinations were specified
- A new hidden option ('captcha_on_feedback') is now available to enable CAPTCHA on the feedback page (not officially recommended, but an option for those prone to being spammed)
- News blocks may now show custom date formats
- The join link is now shown on the login block, and not shown for those not using a forum [was the wrong way around before]
- Fixed URL handling in the WYSIWYG editor
- Various improvements to what HTML the WYSIWYG editor can successfully allow non-privileged members to post
- Improvements to the clarity of reported file sizes (e.g. size of a download or attachment)
- Fix to avatar base URL for IPB2
- Fix to searching for catalogue entries
- Further fixes to debugging Comcode
- Fixed a race-condition for setting permissions
- Made a very small efficiency improvement to the Tempcode system
- Fixed a mistake whereby the do-next manager interfaces had the wrong messages - the message intended for menu screens was shown for action-completed screens, and vice versa
- Fixed small chat room display issue
- Fixed Theme Wizard crash when certain original images had been overwritten by new smaller ones
- Fixed menu editor menu node defaults