To upgrade from any previous 3.0.x release you may copy the URL of the attached tar file, and feed it into the http://mybaseurl/force_upgrade.php script on your website to allow it to automatically extract the files.
» alternatively, manually upload the files inside the attached tar file over existing files (7-zip is just one of many tools for tar files).
Please make sure you take a backup before uploading your new files!
After the files are up, open http://mybaseurl/force_upgrade.php in a web browser, login, and choose to clear caches. As this is more than just a patch release it is crucial that you also choose to run a file integrity scan and a database upgrade.
For more details, see our upgrading tutorial.
Fixes have been made to the following issues (Described in more detail):
- 'On this page' utilities keep disappearing
- "Clicking on a username starts an IM" issues
- Add private chatroom link missing
- Attachment permission bug
- Bug on profile-view page
- CEDI tree-view error
- Editing language strings via the 'On this page' feature broken
- Error when warning members
- File permissions on data_custom/modules/admin_backup
- Member's can't delete topics
- Newsletter preview mails may be incorrect
- Newsletters and non-OCF forums
- Poll archive
- Polls with 9 choices
- Problem translating over the EN pack
- Problem with WYSIWYG spellchecker
- Recommend site, points not showing up
- The 'view' link for a new author is incorrect.
- The notes area on the Admin Zone front pages may not work
- Warning tallies are incorrect
- support for IPB stronghold cookies has been added
- a number of translation problems have been fixed in the templates
- a number of isolated usability issues have been fixed
- a number of WYSIWYG issues have been fixed
Many new features have been added – mostly, the points system has undergone a huge upgrade.
Any common upgrade problems are being tracked in this forum topic.
If you have another problem, please file a bug report and ocProducts will respond and update the topic accordingly.