To upgrade from any previous 3.1.x release you may copy the URL of the attached tar file, and feed it into the http://mybaseurl/force_upgrade.php script on your website to allow it to automatically extract the files.
» alternatively, manually upload the files inside the attached tar file over existing files (7-zip is just one of many tools for tar files).
After the files are up, open http://mybaseurl/force_upgrade.php in a web browser, login, and choose to clear caches.
For more details, see our upgrading tutorial.
Fixes have been made to the following issues (Described in more detail):
- Comcode parsing error
- Problem with editing rank images
- Problem with member warning
- Recommendation e-mail slightly wrong
- Worked-around PHP bug which occurs on IIS servers, when editing language strings
- Many improvements to gallery zip/tar importing
- Fixed some problems with web browser accelerators, on the usergroup management page
- Fixed an issue with imprecise IOTD cache management, when multiple IOTDs were simultaneouly in use
- Fixed a problem with 'url' attachments
- Fixed the "you must be logged in" message, for the point store, on OCF
- Fixed minor issues with the installer (refreshing one of the installation stages caused an error, since 3.1.0)
- Provisional fix for servers where mySQL "goes away"
- Subgallery display can now regenerate thumbnails that have been deleted
- Fixed various problems with numerical page names
- Fixed calendar RSS when the forum db is not the same as the site db
- Fixed missing security-log help in the Admin Zone
- Fixed various other very minor issues
- Fixed OCF RSS, for non-admins
- Fixed various problems related to personal topic moderation
- Limited permission-tree editor so it's abilities decrease if too much data is in one place within the system
- Altered Tempcode so that comma-escaping is now possible, for more advanced sequences
- Improved memory-efficiency of gallery-as-zip downloading
- Improved redirect page behaviour, with regard finding which zone a multi-homed page is in
- Fixed language issue with CSS colour choosers
- Fixed display issue with regard popup menus (an anomalous comma)
- Made it so the installer can use a custom language from the very first step, via putting keep_lang=<code> into the URL
- Fixed small problem with the Comcode text editing buttons on IE
- Fixed bug whereby the menu editor would give incorrect page-links to zones