To upgrade from any previous 3.1.x release you may copy the URL of the attached tar file, and feed it into the http://mybaseurl/force_upgrade.php script on your website to allow it to automatically extract the files.
» alternatively, manually upload the files inside the attached tar file over existing files (7-zip is just one of many tools for tar files).
After the files are up, open http://mybaseurl/force_upgrade.php in a web browser, login, and choose to clear caches.
For more details, see our upgrading tutorial.
Fixes have been made to the following issues (Described in more detail):
- Bug with default usergroups
- COPPA problems
- Call to undefined function: get_entry_pointsXXX_1()
- Can't edit/delete a chatroom that is filtered to a non-existent usergroup
- Catalogue category tree issue
- Editing quotes does not decache the quotes block
- Error in type_validation.php
- Events on last day of month
- Keyboard usage of permission tree editor preset selectors does not work
- PHP 5.2 and mySQL
- Page moving on IE
- Wrong date on calendar adding
- The point store administration section has been optimised for memory usage
- Thumbnail generation and bulk gallery uploading have been optimised for memory usage
- The installer will now object if a blank table prefix is given
- Large gallery images and IOTDs will now show scrollbars
- A very minor catalogue RSS bug has been fixed
- A problem with numeric Comcode pages has been fixed
- Transparent redirects now work with the page permissions of the target of the redirection
- If a "missing resource" error is given, an error notification mail will only be sent if the URL was called up as a result of clicking an existing hyperlink
- A Comcode-language-reference race-condition has been fixed
- The stuck-in-download-loop critical error is now more specific