To upgrade from any previous 3.1.x release you may copy the URL of the attached tar file, and feed it into the http://mybaseurl/force_upgrade.php script on your website to allow it to automatically extract the files.
» alternatively, manually upload the files inside the attached tar file over existing files (7-zip is just one of many tools for tar files).
After the files are up, open http://mybaseurl/force_upgrade.php in a web browser, login, and choose to clear caches.
For more details, see our upgrading tutorial.
Fixes have been made to the following issues (Described in more detail):
- Advanced CSS editing does not work
- Auto-creation of new member galleries does not work since v3.1.1
- Chat room banning does not work
- Members may not delete forum posts [OCF]
- Setting an attachment limit of zero will not work [OCF]
- Staff get an error when they try to edit their profiles [OCF]
- The image/video edit list does not work
- Stability improvements to how the new PAGE_TITLE template behaves
- Improvements to how the "member last visit" system works [OCF]
- Search results now respect validation status
In addition a number of improvements have been made:
- Unicode support (for internationalisation)
- Auto-ban mails now list a summary of the hack-attacks that caused the auto-ban
- Support for having the main_forum_topics block showing last-posters rather than first-posters
- Support for showing usergroup membership on the member-profile-view page
- Improved the block wizard wrt adding menu blocks
It is important to note that anything less than PHP6 does not support unicode in any proper way, whatever anyone may claim. ocPortal will support Unicode in versions of PHP less than 6, but there will be rare instances of glitches occurring. Anyone using Unicode should be willing to report glitches to ocProducts to see if a workaround can be made – for all others it is still recommended to use ASCII character sets.