To upgrade from 3.1 you may copy the URL of the attached tar file, and feed it into the http://mybaseurl/force_upgrade.php script on your website to allow it to automatically extract the files.
» alternatively, manually upload the files inside the attached tar file over existing files (7-zip is just one of many tools for tar files).
After the files are up, open http://mybaseurl/force_upgrade.php in a web browser, login, and choose to clear caches.
For more details, see our upgrading tutorial.
Fixes have been made to the following issues (Described in more detail):
- CEDI "empty" children
- CEDI virtual-roots do not work
- Comcode 'code' tag error
- Comcode page editing problem on pages with multiple languages
- Error adding or editing a quiz
- Installation on IIS with CGI PHP
- Member zone location misreported
- Moving a personal topic doesn't work
- Post count miscalculation
- Problem creating Comcode tables with the WYSIWYG editor
- Safe-mode/language bugs
- Significant permission tree editor bug
- Support for old mySQL versions
- The 'none' forum driver shows a join link
- The help-panel hiding does not function correctly
- mySQL 5 strict-mode issues
- Improved CEDI efficiency
- Improved the WYSIWYG editor greatly
- Improved the exp_ref Comcode tag so that it can be more flexible
- The security image has been tweaked a bit
- A number of error messages have been improved
- A number of other things have been improved, such as some minor usability issues