To upgrade from any previous 3.0.x release, simply upload the files inside the attached tar file over existing files (7-zip is just one of many tools for tar files). After this is done, run http://mybaseurl/force_upgrade.php and choose to clear caches.
Alternatively, if you are running 3.0.7 or higher, you may copy the URL of the attached tar file, and feed it into the http://mybaseurl/force_upgrade.php script on your website to allow it to automatically extract the files; then use the script to clear caches.
For more details, see our upgrading tutorial.
Fixes have been made to the following issues (Described in more detail):
- Addon installation
- Cannot add a download if points disabled
- Certain URL tag formulations cause problems
- Error when moving a page
- IPB import error
- Menu item permission checking faulty
- Root download category is deletable
- Scheduled backups do not work
- Stored menu block
- mod_security issue
- Search issue when short search keywords are used
- IPB forum-driver issue with mySQL strict mode
- OCF Tracking e-mail issue
- WowBB issue (certain installs only)
- Fixes to a number of edge cases and very minor bugs