To upgrade from any previous 3.0.x release, simply upload the files inside the attached tar file over existing files (7-zip is just one of many tools for tar files). After this is done, run http://mybaseurl/force_upgrade.php and choose to clear caches.
Alternatively, if you are running 3.0.7 or higher, you may copy the URL of the attached tar file, and feed it into the http://mybaseurl/force_upgrade.php script on your website to allow it to automatically extract the files; then use the script to clear caches.
For more details, see our upgrading tutorial.
Fixes have been made to the following issues (Described in more detail):
- Addon installation
- Browsers crash when retrieving chat rooms with thousands of messages
- Catalogue category descriptions are not shown
- Certain catalogue configurations may produce errors when comments are made
- Errors when Comcode-defined page titles are not plain text
- IE chat focus issue
- Long-Text catalogue fields do not wordwrap
- Non-OCF users get member gallery problems
- Old news is lost news
- Problem after deleting all awards
- RSS block bug on some PHP installs
- main_recent_cc_entries block and add-block wizard
- todo-list block doesn't work with catalogue entries
- More issues with complex Comcode page titles
- An issue with multiple languages and theme images
- Better error reporting in about a dozen cases
- Better error tolerance (tolerance to externally-caused failures) in about a dozen cases
- Various fixes against 'corner case' bugs for the chat room
- Minor usability improvements in a few areas