Version 2.6 adds additional powerful features that were conceived after the 2.5 feature base was finalised, as well as other features.
Those implementing ocPortal solutions themselves will wish to know that the new features include:
- the ability to control permissions on a much lower level
- the ability to define which user-groups can place which support ticket types
- a templating feature that allows a themer to distinguish between different usages of the same template, so that they can be customised in separate directions
- WIKI-code syntax has been added to Comcode for referencing users and creating tables
- newsletter password security improvements
- list-based custom profile fields
- support for 'invites' (if enabled, members may only join if invited to by an existing member)
- support for a single ocPortal installation to serve multiple web-sites (note that this requires special manual configuration, and a licence for each site)
- an approximate 50% speed improvement
- support for distinction between modified data files and original data files
- support for distinction between modified data files and original text files
- redirection pages now take highest precedence
- support for reseller versions of ocPortal
- the ability to merge installations
- and others
Upgrading from 2.5.xNote: Before upgrading a registered site you should check to make sure that your upgrade period is still active.
This upgrade should be easy, as there are not many architectural changes. All PHP files are changed, but the changes are mostly minor.
Follow these instructions:
- Upload the files from the attached upgrade zip so as to merge them into your current web-site files
- Run http://mybaseurl/force_upgrade.php