Experts by the hour
Our experienced team can dig you out of any situation: from installation, to routine maintenance/training, or even new programming to give your site the competitive edge.
With our pre-pay system you purchase credits in advance, then maximise their value depending on the priority of your needs. We are able to pass on savings by avoiding the need to manage invoicing and take separate payment for every small job.
|Priority level||Response times (†)||Time per credit||Minimum per ticket (*)|
|Budget priority||7 working days||10 minutes||
|Normal priority||3 working days||8 minutes||
|Day priority||8 working hours||7 minutes||
|High priority||3 working hours||5 minutes||
1 working hour
(24×7 if staff near a computer)
(even if cost not agreed)
* Each ticket has a minimum credit charge, so if you have a series of short questions, it's best to ask them all at once.
† Response times aren't guaranteed, but you won't be charged in full if we can't meet them.
†† VAT applies for EU customers. VAT not included in figures quoted here.
Choose a support type:
Technical supportFrom advice on how best to use ocPortal for your needs, to questions about website deployment in general, you can count on our knowledgeable, friendly staff to be the support team you can depend on.
Here are some examples of ways we can help:
- Help registering domain names, and managing web hosting.
- Answering ocPortal-related questions (mentoring, and advice).
- Help configuring complex features, such as LDAP or eCommerce support.
- Availability to repair errors (e.g. if a database corrupts due to a power outage).
- Server up-time monitoring, backup keeping and off-site storage, and keeping your site updated with the latest patches.
- Help keeping up-to-date with all the latest fixes (bugs and security holes).
- Advice and tutoring on web technologies, such as CSS.
Sound like the kinds of things you'd prefer not to think about? No problem -- we've been doing this for years.
Installation servicesFor credits at budget priority, we can install ocPortal onto your server of choice.
If you would like our installation service please first check:
- Make sure you have at least 9 credits (more if you want higher than budget priority).
- You agree to our server access policy.
- Your server meets our minimum requirements (if we can't install because it doesn't, or the server is faulty, we'll still need to charge for the service).
Once you have agreed to these terms, please open a ticket with us.
Custom developmentWe built ocPortal - perhaps let us help with your site, too.
If you find the need to extend ocPortal outside it's original abilities, you can either take on 3rd party programmers, or go right to the experts.
Leave your needs with the team that designed ocPortal. We can exceed the level of quality that you expect from today's demanding commercial solutions. For example, we can:
- Design and build full websites using ocPortal
- Convert data from other software to an ocPortal database
- Integrate ocPortal with other web-apps and scripts
- Implement new functionality for you
- Customise existing ocPortal features
ocProducts has a commitment to delivering work of the best quality, and for quality management processes. You won't be disappointed.
Training and consultancyIn business, time is money. We're happy to help you plan your site – which can save you a lot of time in the long run.
Our 1-on-1 consultancy begins with a thorough review of your site's goals, allowing us the chance to make recommendations and show how you would best leverage ocPortal to accomplish your specific needs.
Go right to the source and get expert advice from the team that's built dozens of websites and the framework powering them all.
Some ways we can help:
- Professional review of your diagrams and site plans
- Develop a personalised training and deployment plan
- Walk you through feature use (e.g. custom databases, advanced navigations, payment processing)
- You can sponsor a new written or video tutorial of your choice (instant 50% discount if we use it on ocportal.com)
Interested? Open a ticket to get started.
Feature sponsorshipocPortal moves forward when people sponsor new functionality, or when new functionality is developed as part of a wider commercial project.
If you want to see something integrated cleanly into ocPortal's roadmap, and don't need a custom deployment, feature sponsorship is a great way to do it.
Sponsored features are developed at ocProduct's lowest hourly rate (budget priority) and sponsorship is accepted for most things that make sense to be included in the ocPortal project. There is no definite time window in which sponsored work is completed, but we don't like to see things queue up. When the work is complete it will be committed into the development repository. A patch is also supplied for the latest stable version – although these won't be maintained routinely so you may also need some support to have the patch maintained until it lands as a standard feature.
Visit the tracker to declare your sponsorship. Once you have sponsored something you will be given the ability to buy support credits in precise quantities (we only offer this to feature sponsorers, as buying individual credits isn't an appropriate model for normal technical support).
If you just want to support the project, we can help you pick something to sponsor, so just open up a ticket with us and let us know.
As a thank you for supporting the ocPortal developers, each purchased support credit automatically leads to 50 points (so you get a position of respect in the ocPortal community).