HTML Logo by World Wide Web Consortium (www.w3.org). Click to learn more about our commitment to accessibility and standards.

Moving forward with Composr

ocPortal has been relaunched as Composr CMS. ocPortal 9 is superseded by Composr 10.

Head over to compo.sr for our new site, and to our migration roadmap. Existing ocPortal member accounts have been mirrored.

How far with dutch translating?

Login / Search

[ Join | More ]
 Add topic 
Posted
Rating:

Honoured member

Hi,

Translating 'ocf.ini': trought the site >admin zone>Lang and selecting ocf and click on proceed, then clicking in the first empty box, gives this error:

Code

An error occurred when loading this screen onto the web browser. You are being notified of this as you are staff. If you believe this is a bug in the website software, please contact ocProducts with full details. More details are available in your browser's error console. The error was:

1: unterminated string literal
http://easwaramma.nl/adminzone/index.php?page=admin_lang&type=misc&lang=NL&lang_file=ocf&search=

Translating global.ini: Its a long file and I had to stop and save and advance with it when I had the time two times.
Then when I got to it to got work on it again, I got just the first third of the file with the frases and the translation to dutch and then a long section white (empty) and then the save button under it.
I tried several ways to get a complete file again, including adding the missing part after the translated part, getting al the line after '=' empty and then add it to the file, but it does'nt work.
Then I decide to delete everything that has something to do with 'global.ini' and start over, but that wont work eather. Everthing goes normal till I click in the first box to start translating, but nothing happens as it should like the first translating act with that file.

As it start to look the same with ocf.ini I decided to wait for a possible solution. The border things go wrong is at about 10 Mb. The global.ini is 33Mb and ocf.ini 82Mb so I espect the same behavior with both files, as the first error with ocf.ini indicates.

I worked both with IE and FF.

Any advice?

Greets Puran.

ps. why are the lines so long in this reply box?
Same error with cedi.ini (first box)
Same error with debrand.ini (ADMINGUIDE_DEFAULT_TRAINING box) and not working at all in (REBRAND_FRONT_PAGE).

Last edit: by Puran

21-7-1955 - 24-10-2011 I hope she rest in peace and I hope to see you soon.  Puran
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

I believe this replacement template will solve your problem:
Attachment
» Download: TRANSLATE_LINE.tpl (1.33 Kb, 346 downloads so far)

The scroll problem will be fixed in the next release.

Become a fan of Composr on Facebook or add me as a friend. Add me on on Twitter. Support me on Patreon
Was I helpful?
  • If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
  • If so, please let others know about Composr whenever you see the opportunity or support me on Patreon.
  • If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying Composr on fun personal projects.
  • If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Honoured member

Thanks!

Puran

21-7-1955 - 24-10-2011 I hope she rest in peace and I hope to see you soon.  Puran
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Honoured member

Hi,

I had to left the translating a few days alone, but get to it tomorrow again.
Besite translating I have to take care for my handicaped wife, and when she have bad days I need all my time for her, so ocp has to wait.

For the translating I set up a second site, so not only the ini files are translated but also that what is needed to change in the DB.
While this site stays original, I can go on adapting my own site because the pointingsystem has to be removed and the chat needs
 changes so there is more text and less member info. That would disturbe the translation, so thats why the second site. Its a way to have
 others to start making and filling pages while I go on translating.
Have patients, I'm working on it.

Greetings Puran

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Honoured member

Hi,

While installing the second site, I see the choice for languages, with only English offered.
Where are the lines I have to translate to offer dutch as install language too and how do I
get them in there when translated?

Greets Puran.

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Hi,

The lang_custom/<lang> directory would need to be copied onto whereever you're installing to.
i.e. after you've uploaded install.php and data.ocp, create a lang_custom directory and upload your lang pack to it.

Become a fan of Composr on Facebook or add me as a friend. Add me on on Twitter. Support me on Patreon
Was I helpful?
  • If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
  • If so, please let others know about Composr whenever you see the opportunity or support me on Patreon.
  • If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying Composr on fun personal projects.
  • If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Honoured member

Hi,

Ok, but that will only do if one ftp the files to the install dir and not for those that ftp install from your site?

So it could be so that one download an ocp version, choose and download a language pack (not being english), unpack both files so one get:
  data.ocp
  install.php
  <dir>lang_custom
upload those to the wanted install dir
start installing
Choose the language at the first screen and …
work in there choosen language.
right?

Greetings Puran.

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

It should work like that. The quick installer won't delete language packs and it is also clever enough to look for them on the filesystem as well as within the installer archive.

Was I helpful?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Honoured member

Hi,

I don't see the licence text in 'installer.ini'. Where did you put that?

Greets Puran

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

I have to say the licence can't/shouldn't be translated.

Was I helpful?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Honoured member

Hi,

Ok, I understand.

Maybe I write for the "absolutely not understanding English" a little readme with some important do's and don'ts, with the note that it's just to try to let them understand whats the lincence says, not to stand in for the real licence?

Just a thougt, Puran

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Hi,

Personally I'd just let them pass the license through an online translator if they want to read it (it's a standard open source license), but it's up to you. I don't really want to say how translations should be done, I'd rather leave it open to the people involved.

Was I helpful?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Honoured member

Hi Chris,

I think you're right about that. I leave the licence for what it is.

Thanks, greetings Puran.

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Honoured member

Hi Puran,

How are you doing? Is everything going well?
Could you give a update how far you are?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Honoured member

Hi Boomeric,

I'm not any further then the message above said (21,5%).
Also I don't know what effects the several upgrades had on the lang-files. I did upgrade both my own site en the dutch ocp site special for the translations.

The reason is sad I'm afraid. Some of you know of my hartproblem, well I keep having high pressures and got once to the first aid post because of that.
Reason there for is that my wife is dying. The scan we made shows several tumors and dammage to the brain in the last stadium because the dokters refused for years a scan, so we made one on our own account. Even now we have to fight to get the right care because they get sued by us ofcourse.
I have to take care for her now so I get very little sleep.
Sorry to bother you with this, but thats life.
If someone read this and believe in something higher, your prayers are welcome. Thanks.

Greetings Puran.

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Honoured member

Hi Puran,

Bad to hear this :(
Good luck in this hard time.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Fan in action

With some pride I can announce that a Dutch translation for all strings (100%) is now available through Launchpad. It took me more than a month - every day for an hour or so - to translate more than five thousand strings (and to correct some flaws in what had already been translated).

This doesn't mean that translation is complete, of course: no doubt some further improvements can be made.

Consistency has been reached for the choice between formal ("U") and informal ("je") Dutch. To me it seemed more natural to go for (not too) informal.

I'm curious how much new translation-work is needed when ocPortal version 4.3 will arrive…

Last edit: by Frits
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

:party:  :rockon:  :guitar:  :hippie:

I'm curious how much new translation-work is needed when ocPortal version 4.3 will arrive…

We're very intentionally trying to preserve compatibility for both themes and language. There may be maybe 30 new strings.

Was I helpful?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Honoured member

Hi,

The translation to Dutch for the version of ocPortal 5.0.3 is ready. We need a few days to read up every file because there where many people translating (Thanks for that!) and there are differences in the choice of words, so we change that too. But then its ready, I think next week if life give us a change.
Alot of people has worked on this version and when ready we put the names in a list to thank them.
If you like to help out as wel, you're welcome to do so and how become explaind soon in this dutch section.

Greetings Puran.

Hallo,

De vertaling naar Nederlands voor de versie 5.0.3 van ocPortal is klaar. Nog enkele daagjes alles doorlezen omdat door verschillende mensen verschillen vertalingen zijn toegepast en dit een homogeen geheel moet worden. Veel mensen hebben aan deze versie gewerkt en als we klaar zijn zetten we de namen van hen in een lijst om ze te bedanken.
Als je ook wil helpen ben je welkom om dat te doen en hoe wordt binnenkort in dit Nederlandstalige deel uitgelegd.

Groetjes Puran.

Last edit: by Puran

Back to the top

There are too many online users to list.
Control functions:

Quick reply   Contract

Your name:
Your message: