HTML Logo by World Wide Web Consortium (www.w3.org). Click to learn more about our commitment to accessibility and standards.

Moving forward with Composr

ocPortal has been relaunched as Composr CMS. ocPortal 9 is superseded by Composr 10.

Head over to compo.sr for our new site, and to our migration roadmap. Existing ocPortal member accounts have been mirrored.

Languages

Login / Search

[ Join | More ]
 Add topic 
Posted
Rating:

Honoured member

Languages

Flybersite said

I'm one of that dutch speakers  :p  Like James said. If you want ( and when its still avaible) a Dutch Translation for ocPortal. James , why you didn't ask me? ;)
If u want i take the dutch translation !

What if we cooperate? I think that would be better, and easyer. Can you contact me?

:D  Dont shoot the messenger!!  :D

How many of you believe in telekinesis? Raise my hand.

Chris Graham said

I guess a warning in your line of work tends tomean 'run for cover'. Fortunately it's not so severe when it comes to computers ;).
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Fan in action

LeonK said

What if we cooperate? I think that would be better, and easyer. Can you contact me?
Offcourse , you can contact me all time on flybersite@hotmail.com
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Non-joined user

this portal use the same Folders of nuke?... LANG folder to translate?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

The portal has no relationship to phpNuke at all; if there is any similarity, it is due to obvious/sensible design strategies ;).

The main thing to translate are the .ini files in the lang/EN folder. The easiest way to translate these is just using a text editor and putting them over the ones that are already there – if you want to be able to have the site in more than one language, you should copy the directory to a different language code and then edit the copy. The language support will be improving a bit in our next release, so that it's easier to add new languages.

Become a fan of Composr on Facebook or add me as a friend. Add me on on Twitter. Support me on Patreon
Was I helpful?
  • If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
  • If so, please let others know about Composr whenever you see the opportunity or support me on Patreon.
  • If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying Composr on fun personal projects.
  • If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Non-joined user

Norwegian translator

Hello.
I can translate from English to Norwegian. Is there anybody that has began this prosess yet??
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Fan in action

Italian Translation

I started the italian translation.My colleague and I have translated 31 files until now. When we will finish it will be available at
www.mixupper.altervista.org for a mounth but when the hosting is expired i will post the new address where it will be available.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Fan in action

developing..

today the italian translation has arrived to 35 files completely translated!! :) ;)
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

That's excellent.

Become a fan of Composr on Facebook or add me as a friend. Add me on on Twitter. Support me on Patreon
Was I helpful?
  • If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
  • If so, please let others know about Composr whenever you see the opportunity or support me on Patreon.
  • If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying Composr on fun personal projects.
  • If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Fan in action

problems...

I have a problem translating the file "installer" . When i try to translate it and at the end i click on "edit" the server replies "Source file missing: global2" but the thing strange is that i have this problem only with this file! :confused:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

We'll investigate this. For now, please try copying lang/EN/installer.ini to lang/IT/installer.ini, and editing it by hand. :)

Was I helpful?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

I can confirm that this problem only happens for the installer language editing. It also only happens for servers with the "register globals" PHP option enabled.

Please replace your sources/global.php with the attached file.

Attachment
» Download: global.php (2 Kb, 1140 downloads so far)

Was I helpful?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Fan in action

Thanks very much for the file.
Today the italian translation has reached 44 files.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Fan in training

Hey there!

I could help with translating into German ! In order to prevent from double translating someone should send me a file and let me know about the progress !
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Fan in training

I just translation all files to polish but I must corect it. Where I must upload it to see polish lang of my website?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

The easiest thing to do is to just upload the .ini files to the lang_custom/EN directory :).

Was I helpful?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Fan in training

is it necessary to translate also the comcode pages (legal, userguide…)?
or the translation can be considered completed with just the ini's
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

It is not necessary to translate any Comcode pages, just the ini files.

Was I helpful?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Fan in training

Hello, ocPortal's developers,
i ask you for renew the translation of the ocPortal's System.
at pass, some group has translate it and stop it, i want give that project back with more members team.
i wounder if i can be the offical hebrew project for ocPortal's ?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Hi,

We don't take an official position with any translations but we would like you to renew work on a Hebrew translation if you want to. Please feel free to use this forum to organise things. Unfortunately we don't know anymore than you about what has been done for this language in the past, and we don't maintain and kind of contact list.
Good luck :).

Was I helpful?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Fan in training

German translation

Having just signed up OCPortal for life, I am now looking for the German translation, also willing to finish it off. after just having read through these 8 pages it seems German is at a standstill since quite some time.
Just tell me where I can get hold of the latest version and I'll finish the rest, I have plenty of time.
Regards
Stefan

La dolce vita
Back to the top

1 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None
Control functions:

Quick reply   Expand