HTML Logo by World Wide Web Consortium (www.w3.org). Click to learn more about our commitment to accessibility and standards.

Moving forward with Composr

ocPortal has been relaunched as Composr CMS. ocPortal 9 is superseded by Composr 10.

Head over to compo.sr for our new site, and to our migration roadmap. Existing ocPortal member accounts have been mirrored.

Languages

Login / Search

[ Join | More ]
 Add topic 
Posted
Rating:

Languages

Have you tried setting the global.ini language string 'charset' to ISO-8859-2 (Central and Eastern European)? It's set to ISO-8859-1 by default, which is Western European.

Become a fan of Composr on Facebook or add me as a friend. Add me on on Twitter. Support me on Patreon
Was I helpful?
  • If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
  • If so, please let others know about Composr whenever you see the opportunity or support me on Patreon.
  • If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying Composr on fun personal projects.
  • If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Fan in training

Just started translating :)
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Fan in training

Arabic Translation

Chris Graham said

As we haven't heard back from nearly all the people who have said they'll translate, we will not just say "whoever sends me a translation that has not been publically released yet can get free registration" :). We think most people are realising that ocPortal is huge and that that means there is a huge amount to translate (even though we have re-used strings wherever possible).

Hi all,
First of all I want to thank all the guys who worked on this amazing project, it is really a professional work.
Secondly, as you can see I quoted Chris post above, and I understand it really good, I have a project I'm doing now for a portal with a point system and an integration for almost everything (forums, chat, mobile services, music download, news, this day in history, biography, match, auctions, email system, jobs, etc..) it is a big project and it is supposed to be the first portal of its kind in the Arabic world, it is all in Arabic.
I already installed a copy of OCPotal on one test website of mine at http://www.lamtara.com/ocp2man/ and I started with the translation already.
based on my schedule I should finish the translation during the next week, by max of next Thursday 4th of Nov.
I just wanted to announce my start, looking forward to help such a professional and successful team.

Thank you all, please email me if I'm supposed to send any reports or so on.

Rida
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Fan in training

Hi,
I'm back again, the Arabic translation is 80% done :) , but I'm facing some problems, and I tried to fix them but I couldn't.
I already upload some of my translation files for testing, and I already changed the global.ini settings (charset & dir), you can have a look @ http://www.lamtara.com/ocp2man/ but when you try to login (un:admin with no password), and go into the admincentre, you will notice that some of the headings in the comcode or almost all of them are not encoded before being displayed on the page, I mean they are displayed as western charset (iso-8859-1) instead of the site charset (windows-1256).
I tried everything, I almost read the whole comcode php code, but I couldn't find anything that help, so I believe I have to ask Chris as he is the one who did code the comcode.
Awaiting your reply.
Rida
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

We will be fixing this privately :).

Become a fan of Composr on Facebook or add me as a friend. Add me on on Twitter. Support me on Patreon
Was I helpful?
  • If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
  • If so, please let others know about Composr whenever you see the opportunity or support me on Patreon.
  • If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying Composr on fun personal projects.
  • If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

This has been resolved. The HTML escaping (code to prevent HTML injection / validation problems) also messed with the language encodings. This is fixed in 2.1 now.

Was I helpful?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Fan in training

If the person who had offered it earlier hasn't done it already, I would love to offer my services as Italian translator. I'm Italian, have a good translation grasp (I do that all the time with the things I write) and currently live in the UK. I think that my English is pretty good, for a non-Native speaker.

Julia

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

That would be great :).

Was I helpful?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Fan in training

Chris Graham said

That would be great :).

then, please send to my e-mail address the work that needs to be translated, and add me to the translators' group :) I'm participating to NaNoWriMo this year, but I can't write my novel every second, can I? ;)

Julia

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Hi,

We don't have any formal procedures for translators. Really you just need to download ocPortal, copy the lang/EN directory to a lang/IT directory, and go through the .ini files in there translating them line by line :).
Alternatively you can do it by using the language tools inside ocPortal itself.

If you have any questions about the process, please post them.

Was I helpful?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Non-joined user

arabic translate and marketing

Hi,

I am ASH working in Saudi Development Company. We can translate this script to Arabic language and marketing.

our web sites:

www.shcit.com
www.shcit-host.com
www.syshorizons.com

ASH
ash@shcit.com
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Arabic is almost done I believe :). Perhaps Rida can give an update on that.

Was I helpful?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Fan in training

Hi,

As Chris already said, the Arabic Translation is almost done, either tonight or tomorrow it will be submitted to ocPortal management.

Thank you for your interest.
Rida
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Honoured member

I saw that Dutch translation was dropped so i would step up and ask to be in charge of the Dutch Translation.

Ive been looking through the ini files needed to edit, do i need to translate the string also? ( AUTHOR_MANAGE=Author management  So that would be AUTHOR_MANAGE=Auteurs management or AUTEUR_MANAGE=Auteur management

Leon

might be able to sqeeuze it into 2 weeks work if i get out of bed intime. ( got late shifts so all the time i need. )
Otherwise it will be ready in January 2005.

:D  Dont shoot the messenger!!  :D

How many of you believe in telekinesis? Raise my hand.

Chris Graham said

I guess a warning in your line of work tends tomean 'run for cover'. Fortunately it's not so severe when it comes to computers ;).
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

"AUTHOR_MANAGE=Auteurs management" is correct. It's basically a mapping from common identifier (left), to language-dependant string (right). So the left is the thing that stays constant :).

Was I helpful?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Honoured member

ok thx for the info, ill start working on it tomorrow after i got some sleep, because now it seems like im having imsomnia.

If it are only the ini files that needs to be changed it shouldnt take to long, ill inform when ready.

Chris Graham said

I guess a warning in your line of work tends tomean 'run for cover'. Fortunately it's not so severe when it comes to computers ;).
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Only the .ini files are important. Some people like to translate the comcode pages too, but the default pages are mostly going to be rewritten by users or not used by users anyway, and the guides aren't very important for visitors.

Was I helpful?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Honoured member

I'll start off with the .ini 's and when i have some time left and nothing to do ill be on the translation off the comcode and guides also. Cant set a time on that but eventually it will get done. then OCP has a full Dutch version.

Chris Graham said

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Fan in action

James Mcdougall said

I have some Dutch speaking users on my site, I look forward to the translation :)
I'm one of that dutch speakers  :p  Like James said. If you want ( and when its still avaible) a Dutch Translation for ocPortal. James , why you didn't ask me? ;)
If u want i take the dutch translation !
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Please do :)

Was I helpful?
Back to the top

There are too many online users to list.
Control functions:

Quick reply   Expand