HTML Logo by World Wide Web Consortium (www.w3.org). Click to learn more about our commitment to accessibility and standards.

Moving forward with Composr

ocPortal has been relaunched as Composr CMS. ocPortal 9 is superseded by Composr 10.

Head over to compo.sr for our new site, and to our migration roadmap. Existing ocPortal member accounts have been mirrored.

Russian

Login / Search

[ Join | More ]
 Add topic 
Posted
Rating:

Russian

Thanks for translating :). It's a bug really, that I wouldn't have notice on an English site. Fix attached.

Attachment
site/pages/modules/catalogues.php
» Download: catalogues.php (40 Kb, 560 downloads so far)

Become a fan of Composr on Facebook or add me as a friend. Add me on on Twitter. Support me on Patreon
Was I helpful?
  • If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
  • If so, please let others know about Composr whenever you see the opportunity or support me on Patreon.
  • If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying Composr on fun personal projects.
  • If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Well-settled

Thanks Chris, it turned out more useful finally :)

Heh, I've done with 4.1.6 - now I will need few days (up to a week I guess as I have other things to do as well) to criticize translation against 4.1.9 and make adjustments. Then it will be ready - of course it is not as "pretty" translation as it could be and it will evolve over time while my team works on our ocPortal based project - we will make changes eventually. Though it should be usable as of now and precise enough to consider it workable so anyone who needs Russian pack is welcome to take it from launchpad project. Hope Chris will make 4.1.9 pack available somewhere as well as I believe there will be few tens to hundreds of differences :)
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Excellent news, thank you!

I'm very busy at the moment however when I do get some free time I'm going to make an effort to bundle some with the ocPortal download and also make sure any tools that are needed to work with LaunchPad are available and documented.

Become a fan of Composr on Facebook or add me as a friend. Add me on on Twitter. Support me on Patreon
Was I helpful?
  • If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
  • If so, please let others know about Composr whenever you see the opportunity or support me on Patreon.
  • If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying Composr on fun personal projects.
  • If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Well-settled

I've read few things about Pootle - OMG O_o
I am lost :lol: Chris, could you confirm I need to install all those tools to convert pot files to ini? Aren't there any easier way?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

I haven't actually tried them myself yet. Have you been in contact with "Sunlight shadow" at all? She's used them before, I'm not sure if anyone else has. Maybe drop her a PT.

Was I helpful?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
Igr

Well-settled

raven said

I've read few things about Pootle - OMG O_o
I am lost :lol: Chris, could you confirm I need to install all those tools to convert pot files to ini? Aren't there any easier way?
Hi raven,

you don't need all this stuff. You need only Translate toolkit, which contains one useful file po2ini.exe.

Last edit: by Igr

ocPortal 4.1.13
PHP 5.2.6-2 unbutu 4.2
MySQL 5.0.67 unbutu 6
Apache 2.2.9 unbutu
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Well-settled

Thanks Igr - I have not notice the Windows version initially :)
It works, so soon I will be able to perform checks against 4.1.9 - there are should be more untranslated strings.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Well-settled

Chris, could you please provide me with 4.1.6 ini English files pack? po2ini converter does not accept some files from 4.1.9 as templates I guess due to strings mismatch… Besides that, it puts English strings into Russian files if there are no such strings so criticizing language pack will be much more difficult as it will consider these strings as translated but not absent. Due to that 4.1.6 pack would be much better for converting purposes. Thanks.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Yes, you can find them in here:
ocPortal.com - Download: ocPortal Version 4.1.6

Was I helpful?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Well-settled

It does not allow me to pick up manual version where I could take language pack from (or I just look bad?) :( Could you please give me direct link to 4.1.6 manual download?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Oh, this just uncovered a bug in our new SEO URL support. Give me a few minutes...

Was I helpful?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

The hazards of beta testing our own code. Here you go…

ocPortal.com - Download: ocPortal Version 4.1.6 (manual)

Was I helpful?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Well-settled

First Russian package release

It seems I've done. At least criticize function tells it's ok :)

Here is a finalized package - all Russian participants are welcome to improve it from this point, there are few things that could be 'smoothed' a bit definitely :)

Attachment
» Download: russian_pack.tar.gz (233 Kb, 599 downloads so far)
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Well-settled

Btw, I have noticed a minor bug in Firefox/3.0.8 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) - when viewing very large language ini files like global or ocf it blanks about half of the screen in the bottom part and does not show any text though cursor acts as if there are something.
In IE8 Admin Zone icons are displayed mixing with the text that seems to not have necessary indent and due to that overlapping with icons.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Thanks. I was aware about the Firefox one. I'll look into getting your pack included with the ocPortal download in the future :cool:.

Was I helpful?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Well-settled

Thanks Chris :) Hope it will help to spread ocPortal among Russian webmasters a bit :)

Btw, IE8 is also displays other icons and images (like smiles in the quick reply tab) terribly… I don't know why as I have not looked up into css files yet. IE7 is ok in this matter.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Well-settled

Chris, I have discovered a hidden issue with translations which other translators should possibly be aware of :) In HTMLArea we get an error like that if we do not have appropriate lang.js file in place:

Error reading Language-File (/data/areaedit//plugins/CharacterMap/lang/ru.js):
SyntaxError: syntax error

I have translated all appropriate .js but there are some plugins which have /lang/ dir in them but do not have a single file inside the dir - should I create ru.js file there? If yes, what should I place there?

Thank you.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Well-settled

Btw, please hold my translation as I need to check it's integrity - I have discovered that all my newly translated files for 4.1.9 were places to lang_custom dir instead of lang - so there is possibly a 4.1.8 version translation pack, not 4.1.9 - I will check and recreate the pack if needed and upload new version here later a while.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

raven said

Chris, I have discovered a hidden issue with translations which other translators should possibly be aware of :) In HTMLArea we get an error like that if we do not have appropriate lang.js file in place:

Error reading Language-File (/data/areaedit//plugins/CharacterMap/lang/ru.js):
SyntaxError: syntax error

I have translated all appropriate .js but there are some plugins which have /lang/ dir in them but do not have a single file inside the dir - should I create ru.js file there? If yes, what should I place there?

Thank you.

I didn't realise this, thanks for letting me know. If there are no lang files in a /lang/ dir I guess it's okay to ignore them. However I'm not 100% sure as the editor is based on a third-party system.

I'm adding this to the docs…

ocPortal uses a third-party WYSIWYG editor – a modified version of AreaEdit, which itself is a modified version of Xinha.
You need to make sure you have translated versions of all data/areaedit/*/lang/<lang>.js files. There are quite a few translations already in there, but there are also many gaps.

Alternatively if you don't want to worry about the WYSIWYG editor, remove this code from your HEADER template:

Code

,ocp_lang='{$LANG;}'

Was I helpful?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Fan in training

Ну что, с кем можно скооперироваться и заняться переводом для нового релиза? Есть русскоговорящие желающие?
 Пишите в личку, будет интересно принять участие  ;)

Russian Translation Member  :P
Back to the top

1 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None
Control functions:

Quick reply   Expand