HTML Logo by World Wide Web Consortium (www.w3.org). Click to learn more about our commitment to accessibility and standards.

Moving forward with Composr

ocPortal has been relaunched as Composr CMS. ocPortal 9 is superseded by Composr 10.

Head over to compo.sr for our new site, and to our migration roadmap. Existing ocPortal member accounts have been mirrored.

Spanish

Login / Search

[ Join | More ]
 Add topic 
Posted
Rating:

Spanish

Hi,

Great job getting to 88%  :cool: .

To identify the cause of this problem, add &keep_fatalistic=1 to the URL, and scan down the stack trace. You will see a reference to a language string in there, like DOC_SOMETHING.
That string probably has a missing space, or too many spaces. In Comcode lists are written like:

Code

- a
 - b
 - c
but I'd guess the string has something like:

Code

- a
 - b
   - c
(well actually, written as -a\n -b\n   - c)

Become a fan of Composr on Facebook or add me as a friend. Add me on on Twitter. Support me on Patreon
Was I helpful?
  • If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
  • If so, please let others know about Composr whenever you see the opportunity or support me on Patreon.
  • If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying Composr on fun personal projects.
  • If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Also in the next patch release errors like this won't be fatal, plus I've made it so the Comcode language strings automatically update when the language files are changed (currently you have to manually edit the Comcode page cache).

Become a fan of Composr on Facebook or add me as a friend. Add me on on Twitter. Support me on Patreon
Was I helpful?
  • If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
  • If so, please let others know about Composr whenever you see the opportunity or support me on Patreon.
  • If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying Composr on fun personal projects.
  • If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Fan in action

Ok… Following stack trace… I went back to language monitor… then to the editor (translator)… when trying to fix parameters I got:

"Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /adminzone/index.php?page=admin_lang&type=_code&lang_file=cr
itical_error&lang=ES on this server."

Now I can't fix strings… Where do I set permissions??? sources/zones.php??? modules/admin_lang.php???

The stack trace for this Editing String's error is:

Editing Lang String Error Part 1

Part 2
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

That's really strange. The file would be /adminzone/index.php, but I don't know why it's permissions would suddenly change. You need to make sure it does not have write permissions for group and world, and possibly it needs execute permissions for all of user, group and world.

Was I helpful?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Actually, I'm getting confused by this. The stack dump you posted is actually not the error. You can't add &keep_fatalistic=1 if the screen you're at is the result of a form post, as it'll then just complain about the posted form data being missing.
I need to think…

Was I helpful?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Chris Graham said

That's really strange. The file would be /adminzone/index.php, but I don't know why it's permissions would suddenly change. You need to make sure it does not have write permissions for group and world, and possibly it needs execute permissions for all of user, group and world.

Okay, it has nothing to do with file permissions. I re-read your post and realised this only happens for this specific screen.
I bet it is mod_security, not liking the HTML being submitted via the language editor form. Our default recommended.htaccess file turns off mod_security - try renaming it to .htaccess.

Was I helpful?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Fan in action

Ok… did rename .htaccess…

Went back to edit some critical_error strings, but all translation into spanish was gone…

Tried to save anyway and gave me back the "Forbidden" msg again…

Then, checked Lang monitor… every thing else still the same but the critical_error file that went back into english…
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Hi,

The old file will have been backed up into the lang_custom/EN folder so is retrievable. Unfortunately changing the URL and resubmitting without the form data caused the file to be blanked out, so you will need to restore from that backup.
(We'll make the next patch release a bit smarter, and detect errors before starting to write out the file)

I think your host is neubox (did an IP address lookup) but it's all in Spanish so I wasn't able to find much. Apparently they do allow .htaccess files so the override should have worked, plus I don't see any mention of them using mod_security online. Never-the-less, you could ask them about it. Also if you look in your web hosting error logs it is likely to tell you something about the error.

Was I helpful?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Hi,

I've restored critical_errors.ini from the backup :).
It's great to see other languages in ocPortal, good work.

I wasn't able to fix the error. It turns out it is mod_security, but the new version cannot be disabled by .htaccess. You'll need to consult the web host about it, there's nothing I can do it disable it.
In fact I am quite annoyed with the mod_security people and have written to them about it:
https://www.modsecurity.org/tracker/browse/MODSEC-81

Was I helpful?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Fan in action

Tks for restoring…

I knew you would like to see opc in spanish… Tks for complements…

So, from now on we'll have to ask favors to whoever for mod_security: off…

My server's log shows when trying to save editing language strings:

- ModSecurity: Warning. "Blind SQL Injection Attack. Matched signature <substring>

- ModSecurity: Warning. "SQL Injection Attack. Matched signature <substring>"

- ModSecurity: Access denied with code 403 (phase 2). "Too many arguments in request"

About that Rectanus!!! (Honors his name!!!)

We are yellow

I see why you are pi**ed off

I WILL SLEEP ON ALL THIS… NEED TO!!!
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

At least it's interesting to know it thinks it's an SQL injection attack.
Hey, it thinks Spanish is a security threat ;).

Was I helpful?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Honoured member

lolz,  well it could be used to bypass system checks to inject malicious language  :lol:

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Fan in action

Array ( [0] => Noob_de_veinte_uñas )

For some reason my page went down… Spanish injection???

hehehe
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
red

Fan in action

Mexican Connection said

????? 2 years ago

No Español yet?

Who is doing it?

[ From “Spanish” ]

Yo también lo estoy traduciendo en mis ratitos libres… pero como ves todavía queda mucho por traducir….
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Fan in action

red said

Mexican Connection said

????? 2 years ago

No Español yet?

Who is doing it?

[ From “Spanish” ]

Yo también lo estoy traduciendo en mis ratitos libres… pero como ves todavía queda mucho por traducir….

Sí, ya te vi trabajando en el Launchpad !!!

Yo ya traduje el programa en un 90% aproximadamente… De igual manera voy subiendo la traducción a Launchpad en mis ratos libres…

Me gustaría poder compartir opiniones sobre "la idea" que algunas cadenas representan, y te contactaré por este medio para hacerlo…

Me he encontrado con muchos problemas al poner en práctica el programa… Ya que las cadenas forman parte de "oraciones", y aunque la cadena se traduzca correctamente; al entrar en acción y leerla en combinación con otras, simplemente se pierde el sentido de la oración…

Como parte del trabajo de traducción, me he puesto el propósito de correr todas las cadenas por un corrector ortográfico… Que te parece si utilizamos el mismo? (con fines de estandarización)

Qué corrector de ortografía, gramática y estilo usas?

Yo uso Corrección interactiva - STILUS - Corrector ortográfico, gramatical y de estilo para español (te lo recomiendo, chécalo por fa…)

Conoces alguno mejor? Usas el de Microsoft?

En otro asunto:

De dónde eres Red? Lógicamente yo soy de México…

_________

Sorry about  the "spanish" on the  spanish forum…  O_o
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
red

Fan in action

90%  :o  eso ya está muy avanzado  :thumbs:

Aún que ahora mismo no tenga ningún corrector ortográfico, en mi otro ordenador tengo instalado en el firefox el Diccionario de Español/
España que actúa como corrector y la verdad que funciona muy bien ya que te lo corrige sobre la marcha sin tener que ir a una página/aplicación externa.

Soy de España.

Un saludo.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
red

Fan in action

Por cierto como dices que tienes el 90% mejor que digas que es lo que te falta por traducir para trabajar en ese 10% restante.

Y si quieres que te ayude a subir al launchpad lo que ya tienes traducido comprime la carpeta lang_custom de tu server en un zip y pon un enlace aquí.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Fan in training

Hola,

Encuentro muy interesante este CMS pero si no está en spanish uff, como teneis la traducción? yo como traductor no puedo ayudar mucho pero si necesitais ayuda para algo ya sabeis, me interesa probarlo en español.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:
red

Fan in action

Clemente said

Hola,

Encuentro muy interesante este CMS pero si no está en spanish uff, como teneis la traducción? yo como traductor no puedo ayudar mucho pero si necesitais ayuda para algo ya sabeis, me interesa probarlo en español.
Si, la verdad que resulta raro que este CMS sea tan poco conocido teniendo en cuenta su calidad.

No hace falta que seas un buen traductor ya que gracias a traductores automáticos sin tener mucha idea se puede hacer mucho, pones el texto a traducir y una vez que te lo haya traducido, lo lees y miras si tiene coherencia el texto y corriges los posibles errores.

La sugerencia que puse en el otro post es que se definieran que textos a traducir pertenecen al front-end (lo que ven los ususarios) y que textos pertenecen al back-end (administración) ya que lo mas importante considero que es traducir los del front-end ya que casí la mayoría de webmasters tenemos al menos unan mínimas nociones de inglés (es imposible ser un buen webmaster si no dominas el inglés).
Si se pudiese hacer eso creo que ya hubiese terminado hace tiempo de traducirlo todo, porque curiosamente los textos mas largos (párrafos enteros) son los que pertenecen al back-end y los mas simples y cortos pertenecen al front-end.

En fin, te animo a que nos eches una mano, que nunca viene mal.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Well-settled

hola a todos, estoy traduciendo en mis ratos libres… a ver si entre todos lo acabamos.
una pregunta, …. aun no he instalado el pack del idioma español, y por eso no se…. estamos traduciendo tambien la parte del admin?
gracias, un saludo!!
thanks everybody, and sorry for spanish….. heheh
Back to the top

There are too many online users to list.
Control functions:

Quick reply   Expand