HTML Logo by World Wide Web Consortium (www.w3.org). Click to learn more about our commitment to accessibility and standards.

Moving forward with Composr

ocPortal has been relaunched as Composr CMS. ocPortal 9 is superseded by Composr 10.

Head over to compo.sr for our new site, and to our migration roadmap. Existing ocPortal member accounts have been mirrored.

Twitter Embed method for Posts?

Login / Search

[ Join | More ]
 Add topic 
Posted
Rating:

Sounds like my analysis was wrong. Let me take a look :)...

Become a fan of Composr on Facebook or add me as a friend. Add me on on Twitter. Support me on Patreon
Was I helpful?
  • If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
  • If so, please let others know about Composr whenever you see the opportunity or support me on Patreon.
  • If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying Composr on fun personal projects.
  • If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Honoured member

OK, FYI:

That member does not have "double posting" privileges.

I checked, and they were getting an alert stating such after submitting.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Right, so you are curious about double posting, I'll quickly explain…

It simply stops a member posting twice in succession. i.e. without the privilege, no two subsequent posts in the topic can be by the same member. The member is instead invited to edit their last post

However it was nothing to do with that.

It was a totally obscure issue relating to support tickets. My fault, when I cleaned out the data from your test site before importing, and inadvertently made the system think your entire forum was for holding support tickets. I've made it so it's a bit smarter now.
If you're confused, don't worry, as I say, totally obscure issue. You should not be getting many other such obscure things.

Become a fan of Composr on Facebook or add me as a friend. Add me on on Twitter. Support me on Patreon
Was I helpful?
  • If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
  • If so, please let others know about Composr whenever you see the opportunity or support me on Patreon.
  • If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying Composr on fun personal projects.
  • If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Honoured member

Ok, thanks.

Just so I know, where is the setting located to ensure the privilege is enabled for all site members?

Looking under "Privileges: Submission", and do not see it listed…
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Close, but Forums and members I think (rather than Submission).

Was I helpful?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Honoured member

Got it, all set.

Thanks Chris
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Honoured member

Chris,

I figured best to post this question here because it likely relates to the same solution, but if not just let me know and I can start a new topic.

We had an HTML plugin on the old platform for YouTube that allowed the standard share link from that site to populate the video's posted by members directly into the forum:

IE: htttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSA84_jW1f4

(remove extra "t" for natural URL).

Question:

Can you add this as a safe url to the white list TAR as you did the Twitter embed code?

Or, is there a setting I am missing. I know Francois indicated that the content would be addressed since we have 100's posted throughout the forum, so don't want to overlook something we may be able to handle within the OCP UI. However, we are getting a link very similar to the previous twitter display, and need the video player itself to display.

Thanks,

Rick

Last edit: by Florida_Owl
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Go to…
Admin Zone > Setup > Edit Comcode whitelist

And add this onto your whitelist…

Code

/<iframe width="\d+" height="\d+" src="(http:\/\/)?www\.(youtube-nocookie|youtube)\.com/embed/[^"]*" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>/
</iframe>
/<object width="\d+" height="\d+">/
/<param name="movie" value="(http:\/\/)?www\.(youtube-nocookie|youtube)\.com/v/[^"]*">/
</param>
<param name="allowFullScreen" value="true">
<param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">
/<embed src="(http:\/\/)?www\.(youtube-nocookie|youtube)\.com/v/[^"]*" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"( allowscriptaccess="always")?( allowfullscreen="true")? width="\d+" height="\d+"( allowscriptaccess="always")?( allowfullscreen="true")?>/
</embed>
</object>

That should do it.

To clear out the cache, to force posts to reevaluate, go to…
Admin Zone > Tools > Website cleanup tools
Check "Comcode field pre-calculations" and click Proceed.

Was I helpful?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Non-joined user

Chris Graham said

Go to…
Admin Zone > Setup > Edit Comcode whitelist

And add this onto your whitelist…

Code

/<iframe width="\d+" height="\d+" src="(http:\/\/)?www\.(youtube-nocookie|youtube)\.com/embed/[^"]*" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>/
</iframe>
/<object width="\d+" height="\d+">/
/<param name="movie" value="(http:\/\/)?www\.(youtube-nocookie|youtube)\.com/v/[^"]*">/
</param>
<param name="allowFullScreen" value="true">
<param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always">
/<embed src="(http:\/\/)?www\.(youtube-nocookie|youtube)\.com/v/[^"]*" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"( allowscriptaccess="always")?( allowfullscreen="true")? width="\d+" height="\d+"( allowscriptaccess="always")?( allowfullscreen="true")?>/
</embed>
</object>

That should do it.

To clear out the cache, to force posts to reevaluate, go to…
Admin Zone > Tools > Website cleanup tools
Check "Comcode field pre-calculations" and click Proceed.

Thanks Chris!

I can't log in for some reason, so I am posting as a guest.

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Non-joined user

It still displays the same formatting, just a link to the YouTube video formatted as the title.

Is there a way to make the player itself appear, or will this have to be done with the html before and after the embed code itself rather that the video's url?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Non-joined user

One more thing….

Not seeing " "Comcode field pre-calculations"

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Clear all caches is the best way most. :)

http://digiflash.nl Photo community  (dutch)
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Ah, Comcode field pre-calculations won't be there because you have a large site (it's slow to do on a large site and locks the site while doing it). I have done this for you. If there are still posts where youtube won't show, please let me know a URL.

Was I helpful?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Honoured member

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

That's not embed code, that's just put in as a direct link.

For that, we have this addon:
Direct Video Link Posting - ocPortal.com

Was I helpful?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Honoured member

Ok, i stated that up top, but it may have been unclear…sorry:

We had an HTML plugin on the old platform for YouTube that allowed the standard share link from that site to populate the video's posted by members directly into the forum:

IE: htttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSA84_jW1f4

I will go install the add on.

Thanks Chris!
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Got it. I often skim read :lol: .

Was I helpful?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Honoured member

This is "non-bundled", correct??
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Honoured member

Disregard, we're good, player is now there.

Thanks again
Back to the top

There are too many online users to list.
Control functions:

Quick reply   Contract

Your name:
Your message: