HTML Logo by World Wide Web Consortium (www.w3.org). Click to learn more about our commitment to accessibility and standards.

Moving forward with Composr

ocPortal has been relaunched as Composr CMS. ocPortal 9 is superseded by Composr 10.

Head over to compo.sr for our new site, and to our migration roadmap. Existing ocPortal member accounts have been mirrored.

Here is my site huberresidents.org

Login / Search

[ Join | More ]
 Add topic 
Posted
Rating:

Honoured member

I'm trying to get more people interested in city council

One things I can't find yet:

The recommend / share links for facebook etc show up for each of the articles.  I would like this to show up on the frontpage.  How can I turn this on?

Last edit: by Tom McMasters
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

I do not know the answer to this but I would suggest starting a new topic (if search doesn't find you an answer) under Deployment or General with this question where it will be more visible.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Honoured member

How do I enable WYSIWYG after I disable it?  The WYSIWYG link disappears.  In the video I use both IE 10 and Google Chrome

http://youtu.be/HIvcn_Fp_Mg

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Hi,

Now with the video I can see what you're talking about ;).

I think there are three unrelated issues here:
  1. The WYSIWYG is running in simplified mode in IE, even for admins. This is a bug and I'll post a hotfix in a moment.
  2. We moved the old big ocPortal Comcode buttons into the WYSIWYG editor toolbar, for a more-integrated experience. Some users of older versions didn't spot this.
  3. I noticed in the video you were using a domain name that I could not access, and this topic refers to a different domain name. This could be the cause of the problem discussed here - it is critical you access your site from a consistent domain name, otherwise Javascript security errors will happen, and weird things happen as a result.

Become a fan of Composr on Facebook or add me as a friend. Add me on on Twitter. Support me on Patreon
Was I helpful?
  • If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
  • If so, please let others know about Composr whenever you see the opportunity or support me on Patreon.
  • If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying Composr on fun personal projects.
  • If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.
Back to the top

Important!
Posted
Rating:

Automated fix message

Tom McMasters said

How do I enable WYSIWYG after I disable it?  The WYSIWYG link disappears.  In the video I use both IE 10 and Google Chrome

http://youtu.be/HIvcn_Fp_Mg

This issue has been filed on the tracker as issue #1413, with a fix.

Become a fan of Composr on Facebook or add me as a friend. Add me on on Twitter. Support me on Patreon
Was I helpful?
  • If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
  • If so, please let others know about Composr whenever you see the opportunity or support me on Patreon.
  • If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying Composr on fun personal projects.
  • If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.
Important!

Posted
Rating:

Honoured member

Thanks Chris,

I installed the fix and the pages I have edited since have had the desired icons.

Addressing your last suggestion - It is my goal to someday have some spare cash and actually sponsor some of your work.  TomMcMasters.us is the third website I've created using OCPortal so I know that you deserve it.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Cool :).

I realise now the cause of the WYSIWYG behaviour. Remove {$,page hint: no_wysiwyg} from the bottom of the page, save, and go back in. It should behave as normal then.

This is intentionally added by ocPortal when WYSIWYG is disabled during editing a specific item of content. It is to stop other content editors going in, and then accidentally corrupting carefully constructed Comcode via WYSIWYG.

Was I helpful?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Well-settled

On the Hosting site that I use (ixwebhosting) I needed to Change from “PHP” to “PHP Advanced”.

PHP changes

By changing that everything went from a 10-15 second load time of webpages to about 1.5 to 3 Seconds.
Check your host settings and change to Advance PHP if your host allows.

It worked for me. I spent months trying to solve this same problem.

Hope this helps.

Robert W
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Honoured member

I've messed up my entire site - Is there a way to go back and restore from two saves ago?  HuberResidents.org

I was hoping to add another picture to the left side bar menu.  The add picture icon wasn't there so I disabled the WYSIWYG editing and added the HTML code.  When I saved it the left bar menu was messed up.  I went in to try and undo and messed up every section on the page.

This message is what I get now after the second save.
Comcode validation error (A syntax error was found inside a tag's attribute definition (attribute 5"" of tag block)) at line 1.

Interestingly in google chrome the add picture icon is available.

Back to the top

Posted
Item has a rating of 5 (Liked by Steven Jarvis)  
Rating:

Non-joined user

I found it.  The Site looks like it should again.  Thanks for making it easy enough for us novices.
Back to the top

There are too many online users to list.
Control functions:

Quick reply   Contract

Your name:
Your message: