HTML Logo by World Wide Web Consortium (www.w3.org). Click to learn more about our commitment to accessibility and standards.

Moving forward with Composr

ocPortal has been relaunched as Composr CMS. ocPortal 9 is superseded by Composr 10.

Head over to compo.sr for our new site, and to our migration roadmap. Existing ocPortal member accounts have been mirrored.

Nominate ocPortal for the 2012 Critic's Choice CMS Awards

Login / Search

[ Join | More ]
 Add topic 
Posted
Item has a rating of 5 (Liked by Jean)  
Rating:

Community saint

Ermmmmmm…

I hope the adjudicators are making a note …!!

Take my advice. I'm not using it!

View my working ocPortal site (version 9.x.x) at Anglo-Indian Portal
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Oh dear...

Like ocPortal on Facebook:
Back to the top

Posted
Item has a rating of 5 (Liked by Chris GrahamLiked by JeanLiked by sholzy)  
Rating:

Non-joined user

Fletch said

Ermmmmmm…

I hope the adjudicators are making a note …!!

Yes I am aware that people are doubling up their votes like this and i intend of filter them down significantly. Don't be alarmed. That's one of the reasons I like list.ly , I can see exactly who the voters are and filter them down. I tried by ip in the past but ended up unfairly blocking people on shared connections so chose to go this route.

Trust me when I say I found this as well and expected it would happen and will be vigilant in ensuring each vote is unique.

Good luck guys
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Mike Johnston said

Good luck guys

Thanks, Mike.

And for the reassurance about the 'double-voting' (even quadruple-voting)!

:lol:

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Well-settled

The results are coming in …

http://www.cmscritic.com/peoples-choice-winner-for-best-free-cms-is/

OcPortal is in  the top tier, IMHO ....
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

For "People's Choice for Best Free CMS": ocPortal placed 4th. Guess which one's didn't even make it into the top five?  :)

I really thought the so-called popular CMS's like WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, etc. would have made the top five for this category simply because they are more well known and supposedly more popular than ocPortal, but they didn't even make it into the top 5. :thumbs:

Steve
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

sholzy said

… I really thought the so-called popular CMS's like WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, etc. would have made the top five for this category …
Not necessarily the whole story …

The 'biggies' didn't make it into the (arbitrarily chosen) CMS Critics list because their supporters didn't bother to NOMINATE them. They probably didn't think it necessary to mobilize their troops for an award they considered 'on the fringe'!

I'm relatively pleased that ocPortal got nominated AND voted on, but I am a little bit disappointed that some of our members, and the thousands of visitors to these forums, didn't vote because of a perceived infringement to their personal data.

Hey, we live and learn!

:thumbs:

Back to the top

There are too many online users to list.
Control functions:

Quick reply   Contract

Your name:
Your message: