HTML Logo by World Wide Web Consortium (www.w3.org). Click to learn more about our commitment to accessibility and standards.

Moving forward with Composr

ocPortal has been relaunched as Composr CMS. ocPortal 9 is superseded by Composr 10.

Head over to compo.sr for our new site, and to our migration roadmap. Existing ocPortal member accounts have been mirrored.

second theme online

Login / Search

[ Join | More ]
 Add topic 
Posted
Rating:

Community saint

I like all three, Harry, especially the one with the girls…but like Fletch, it is not because of the girls, really, honest, you do believe me, right?  :$
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

hmmmmm  should i believe?   ………… hahahaha  ;)

http://digiflash.nl Photo community  (dutch)
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

:shake:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

:lol: Well I believe many, but girls have a impact to most men… We old men look most of them, or not psydoc? We remember that we were all young ones……   :P

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

:nod:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Hi Robert, sorry for the to late answer, but have not seen it before.

On digiflash I used two different ways to present images.
1e. Using the official galleries in a threated style. This mean I use a first gallerie with has no uploads or images. Under the first gallerie a made 1e sub. Ans so you can build up further.

2e. Is another way: here I use the attachements option on a page. I upload images and let them in thumpnail mode, the first image has to be set to left lined. Now all the other images will be come on side of the first one.

Hope I help you with this. Else ask me.

Harry

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Fan in action

When I upgraded to v9, my custom theme broke completely so I've been slightly customizing this theme for my gaming website.

Thanks for providing us with a great free theme!

I'm just wondering if there's a way to add a background to any custom text added, for instance on the mainpage above/below the news block, or on a custom comcode page.

Example:

on my current mainpage I have the news block, and the left/right panels, each with a slightly transparent background to show off the content and the awesome background picture.

If I were to add text above the news block, the background for it is completely transparent.

If I create a custom comcode page for "information", it has the same left/right side panels with the same slight transparency, but again the center text is completely transparent.

Reason for this:
  • Text is hard to read on the picture we're using (related to our game) and I really want to show it off while displaying the content.
  • The newsblock's slight transparency is working great for that purpose.

Also, no matter what I do I can't get my header image to center with this theme.
I'd appreciate any help about either of these 2 things.

Thanks again! :)
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

You could make the main background white, now is transperant. You can do this in global.css, the latest row need set in:

Code

body.website_body {
   padding: 0 !important;
   color: {$GET,slightly_seeded_text};
   background: {$GET,main_background};
           opacity: 0.7;
}   

Set this to " #ffffff "

Code

{$THEME_WIZARD_COLOR,#ffffff,main_background,100% WB}

Harry

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

wicked said

Also, no matter what I do I can't get my header image to center with this theme.<br />
I'd appreciate any help about either of these 2 things.<br />
<br />
Thanks again! :)

Header is a image with the same fixed width so 980 x …..  and is a transperant png.
Let me know if you need help.

Harry

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Fan in action

Harry-S said

You could make the main background white, now is transperant. You can do this in global.css, the latest row need set in:

Code

body.website_body {
   padding: 0 !important;
   color: {$GET,slightly_seeded_text};
   background: {$GET,main_background};
           opacity: 0.7;
}   

Set this to " #ffffff "

Code

{$THEME_WIZARD_COLOR,#ffffff,main_background,100% WB}

Harry
Thanks for the reply

This turned the entire main website area (header, right/left, center, etc) into the slightly transparent white color.

Is there a way to just do it for the div.module_content area?

As for the header, I had to change it to be like a normal website page:

Code

.logo_outer {
margin-bottom: 10px;
width: 1280px;
height: 200px;
position: absolute;
top: 0;
left: 50%;
margin-left: -490px;
background: url('{$IMG;,header}') no-repeat !important;
   }
so now my header image is in the center of the page.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Wicked,
Is there a way to just do it for the div.module_content area?

At the moment no idea. I experiment with different ways to get things working within CSS.
Maby Jean can clear this off?

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

What I try is to give the template : templates/COMCODE_PAGE_SCREEN.tpl a background color with opacity. But no success to now. Some a Idea how to get this done?

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Fan in action

Just create a new style for the selector.

Code

div.module_content {
                                background : fff;
                                opacity : 0.7; 
                             }

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Fan in action

pawan, that doesn't seem to be working :(

i've also tried:
module_content_wrap
global_middle

edit: i dont mean to be hijacking your thread Harry, maybe I should have started a new one O_o

Last edit: by wicked
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Hi wicked,

If I understand correctly, you want to change the 'main_website_inner' background for something more transparent.

Try this:
Find the following selector (around line 605), comment-out background-color and add a background rgba value of your choice. The one I used for this example is light grey. You can increase transparency by changing the last value 0.5 to less. (see image attached).

Code

body#main_website #main_website_inner, html>body div.global_middle_faux { background: rgba(153, 153, 153, 0.5); }

Jean
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Fan in action

thanks for the reply jean

that did the same thing as what Harry had suggested -- it turned the entire div.main_website_inner semi-transparent.

What I'm trying to do is get just the div.module_content or div.module_content_wrap to do that instead so the banner/navigation still has the completely transparent background

firebug gave me those div's but I can't find anything related to them in the css to apply the fix that you and harry suggested, and creating one as pawan suggested didn't work.

It normally has a background but in this theme it has none so I was just trying to add a semi-transparency to it to be able to read the text easier, I didn't realize it was going to be so difficult O_o
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

wicked,

Question: Is your site 'Fluid' or 'Fixed Width' ?

Jean
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Wicked, try applying the background style to .global_middle and see if it gets you closer to what you are looking for.

A link to your site might be helpful to visualize your problem.

See ya tomorrow, need some zzz for now! ;)
Jean
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Fan in action

Wicked,

That is odd. I have no where to test this fix so I'll take your word for it. Till then, try Jean's fix.
And, as Jean said, it would have been better if you gave a link to the site, it would be best.  :thumbs:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

wicked said

pawan, that doesn't seem to be working

i've also tried:
module_content_wrap
global_middle

edit: i dont mean to be hijacking your thread Harry, maybe I should have started a new one

No problem wicked, its the same problem who we all trying to solve :)

Back to the top

There are too many online users to list.
Control functions:

Quick reply   Expand