HTML Logo by World Wide Web Consortium (www.w3.org). Click to learn more about our commitment to accessibility and standards.

Moving forward with Composr

ocPortal has been relaunched as Composr CMS. ocPortal 9 is superseded by Composr 10.

Head over to compo.sr for our new site, and to our migration roadmap. Existing ocPortal member accounts have been mirrored.

ocPortal.com upgraded

Login / Search

[ Join | More ]

Posted
Rating:

When I go to your points, I saw:

17 March 2012, 11:36 PM    150    ocPortal.com   Petrikuhr    Add a new download
16 March 2012, 9:13 AM    150    ocPortal.com   Petrikuhr    Add a new download
16 March 2012, 9:12 AM    150    ocPortal.com   Petrikuhr    Add a new download
(and others further down)

I don't keep track of this kind of thing, but has some gone missing?

Become a fan of Composr on Facebook or add me as a friend. Add me on on Twitter. Support me on Patreon
Was I helpful?
  • If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
  • If so, please let others know about Composr whenever you see the opportunity or support me on Patreon.
  • If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying Composr on fun personal projects.
  • If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.
Back to the top

Important!
Posted
Rating:

Posts from this topic have been moved by Chris Graham. 4 posts have been transferred to 7.1.6, points.

Become a fan of Composr on Facebook or add me as a friend. Add me on on Twitter. Support me on Patreon
Was I helpful?
  • If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
  • If so, please let others know about Composr whenever you see the opportunity or support me on Patreon.
  • If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying Composr on fun personal projects.
  • If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.
Important!

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

mythus said

​I would so love that myself lol. But, at least I have it bookmarked, so all I have to do is click on my bookmark and *poof* ocportal forums is where I'm at.

[ From “ocPortal.com upgraded” ]

Ooooh, hover over the community link in the main menu, very nice work. :)  :wub: to the dev's

Metal IS Forever & We WILL Rock You 'til You Choke! Rock Babe
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Chris Graham said

Fletch said

Language … !!

I think that's fixed now. Not sure how that suddenly started going wrong.

Fixed. And it even incorporates a link to the 'bug-fix' pages. Something I've never had before, and for which I'd created a link on my dashboard.

Good one!

:thumbs:

Take my advice. I'm not using it!

View my working ocPortal site (version 9.x.x) at Anglo-Indian Portal
Back to the top

Posted
Item has a rating of 5 (Liked by Chris Graham)  
Rating:

Community saint

Chris, please find a Jing Video link concerning my ongoing problems posting attachments and other seemingly corrupt things happening to my posts. Hopefully it can give valuable clues.

These 2 images id=7489 id=7496
went through the preview after I've substituted the code with a different comcode format (see image below) Also note that the code comcode is literal and does not work for me anymore.

After that, I continued to receive html errors. I used this other form of comcode with the 2 successful images:

Code

I'm having trouble even with this post.
Using Google Chrome
Thanks,
Jean
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

In Mac Safari, overlays are very sketchy. This is with a just cleared browser cache. overlay_safari_mac - BobS702's library

We weren't able to reproduce this, although it did reveal some other issues when I tried. We've found one cause for overlays not working and solved that now (it was to do with how ocportal.com was opened up initially respect to the browsing windowing). However I think the actual cause for your problem BobS was yesterday site load was high due to the newsletter going out to 1000's of people and bringing them to the site.

Was I helpful?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Chris Graham said

We weren't able to reproduce this, although it did reveal some other issues when I tried. We've found one cause for overlays not working and solved that now (it was to do with how ocportal.com was opened up initially respect to the browsing windowing). However I think the actual cause for your problem BobS was yesterday site load was high due to the newsletter going out to 1000's of people and bringing them to the site.
It does appear to be behaving now so site load was probably the major factor. I will monitor this just to make sure.

Bob
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

However, I'm still having problems attaching images in both browsers: Chrome and Firefox, even after clearing cache and cookies. And, now I cannot even use the "Code" Comcode to list my extracted codes from the posts.

Possibly this is fixed. I haven't checked your video yet though. There was a problem if ocPortal detected it as being 'opened' by another window, a logic error.

Also, pasting text directly from Notepad gives me dotted lines with DIV for each paragraph. This is cleaned up using the "paste as plain text" icon.

The dotted lines are intentionally enabled now to help understand document structure. They won't show after saving.

Attaching an image seems to work perfectly until I try to preview it.  Here are some of the codes I was able to extract from several attempts to post, if it may help. (oops, sorry the comcode code preview error keeps telling me that semihtml was opened but not closed and that attachment was opened and not closed, however this is not true.) Disabling wysiwyg or going to the source makes no difference.

Thanks for the break-down (and sorry for the break-down ;)), I'm going to view your video now to see if I can get a handle on this.

Was I helpful?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Jean's issues should now be fixed also. They were pretty complex but I was eventually able to reproduce it and track it down. It was actually an old bug, but I think it must have been uncovered by some other changes.

Was I helpful?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

In theory everything in here is resolved, plus lots of other little things I noticed. Particularly I've been monitoring the e-mails going out, and what's been going onto Facebook (Robbie and myself both have the activity syndication turned on).
The way the overlays work has been changed a bit now, you can't accidentally interact with stuff on the page beneath them until they are dispatched.

Please let me know if I missed anything or of any further issues.

Was I helpful?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Thank you Chris for your relentless pursuit of perfection!
Everything is perfect again–at least in my book if not quite in yours.

Finally posted my 9 Site images for Robbies without a glitch.

Code

Works fine again

Have a good night sleep!
:thumbs:
Jean
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Jean said

Thank you Chris for your relentless pursuit of perfection!
Everything is perfect again–at least in my book if not quite in yours.

Finally posted my 9 Site images for Robbies without a glitch.

Code

Works fine again

Have a good night sleep!

Jean
Was there ever any doubt that Chris would prevail. It's like every little problem is just another Everest - a place to plant his flag proving ascendency.

Bob
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

When I just attached an image to a post, the image does not appear in the preview although it does post correctly.

Bob
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Just noticed that I am not getting notifications for forum posts. The top shows an "Unmonitor" button suggesting that I am monitoring the topic. In Member profile Notifications, "Automatically monitor content you've touched" is checked.

Bob
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

I still can't attach images.

In Firefox I no longer get any errors but I can't click the browse button.

In IE I get a different error now:

Code

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0; .NET4.0C; .NET4.0E)
Timestamp: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 02:53:11 UTC

Line: 698
Char: 432
Code: 0
URI: http://ocportal.com/themes/ocproducts/templates_cached/EN/javascript.js
In Edit | Notifications | Chatroom becomes active | Advanced I now get a stack trace:

Expand: stack trace stack trace

And a couple of new ones.

7) On the Inbox tab, selecting from the order dropdown list returns me to the profile page.

8a) On the Points tab, changing the points per page returns me to the profile page.

8b) When I selected the highest number of points per page to show and the page data re-loaded, the points-per page option no longer appears.

Do you have a Samsung Galaxy S / Galaxy S II ? If so, why not check out my ScreenFree FM Radio .
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

On the Member points tab, changing pages in Points received section goes to member list.

To reproduce, go to amichan's point profile and click "2" or "Next" for paging through the Points received.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

BobS said

On the Member points tab, changing pages in Points received section goes to member list.

To reproduce, go to amichan's point profile and click "2" or "Next" for paging through the Points received.

Did you visit the activities tab for amichan? When I clicked that tab I saw my activities there.

Steve
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Same thing happened to me, sholzy. At first, I got the message "No activities to display" and after about 15-20 seconds I got a list of my activities.

Bob
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Adding friend from member profile adds member as friend to himself.

On the Member profile tab, I clicked the "Add friend" link with the following result in the Activity tab:

I was properly added to the Member Friends tab:

Bob
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

BobS said

When I just attached an image to a post, the image does not appear in the preview although it does post correctly.

Bob

Is the WYSIWYG on? Does it happen with the default attachment settings? Is the image particularly large?

Does this happen for anyone else?

Was I helpful?
Back to the top

There are too many online users to list.
Control functions:

Quick reply   Expand