HTML Logo by World Wide Web Consortium (www.w3.org). Click to learn more about our commitment to accessibility and standards.

Moving forward with Composr

ocPortal has been relaunched as Composr CMS. ocPortal 9 is superseded by Composr 10.

Head over to compo.sr for our new site, and to our migration roadmap. Existing ocPortal member accounts have been mirrored.

ocPortal.com upgraded

Login / Search

[ Join | More ]

Posted
Rating:

Well-settled

just got a weird bug

was checking through the new user area thingy and noticed my timezone was set to st helena or something. When i changed it, it asked for my password.

after i put it in it said i had to wait 1 second to do that due to flood control

Hello I'm The Hamburgler and if you want to know more please visit my website, The New Hut All your Burgers are belonging to me!
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

mythus said

Oh I sure hope so. You see, I use Google+, not facebook. I had a facebook account an age ago, but deleted it because it was full of adults stuck in their preteens. So yeah….

I'm not sure if it is possible yet to do anything with Google+, I mean has Google even released that API yet? I hope it is though. And truthfully, it would be bad of Google not to allow it to be possible I think.
[ From “ocPortal.com upgraded” ]

Google+ is my primary social platform as well, I asked Chris about this and he said that Google has not yet released a proper API to enable this. I hope they get one soon. I am sure Chris would act on it quickly.

Bob

Last edit: by BobS
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Chris Graham said

We're definitely getting there quick, but there are a few more kinks than I anticipated. When you consider a lot of core ocPortal systems have been substantially rewritten and it's their first test in the wild it's not that surprising though.

Chris-

I am really impressed with how well things work given the vast changes made in ocPortal. Of course, I am most anxious to get the beta so I can try upgrading my clone site and test against my own data. I suspect that will reveal additional issues, especially as new features are given a try-out.

Bob
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

temp1024 said

"Mark post as read" bug fixed :thumbs:

Attachment bug now can't even press the browse button.
-  In Firefox get error:

Code

Warning: Empty string passed to getElementById().
- IE get error:

Code

Line: 312
Char: 214
Code: 0
URI: http://ocportal.com/themes/ocproducts/templates_cached/EN/javascript_plupload.js

Fixed I hope. I saw it fixed on IE, could not reproduce on Firefox but error message suggests same issue. If it's a pre-HTML5-upload FF version that would explain it, as I think it was happening on the Flash fallback.

Become a fan of Composr on Facebook or add me as a friend. Add me on on Twitter. Support me on Patreon
Was I helpful?
  • If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
  • If so, please let others know about Composr whenever you see the opportunity or support me on Patreon.
  • If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying Composr on fun personal projects.
  • If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

BobS said

On the Member profile Activiity tab, there is only the possibilty to syndicate to Facebook. Is there a Twitter/other options?

Bob

Via Twitter addon there is, I just haven't installed it here.

Become a fan of Composr on Facebook or add me as a friend. Add me on on Twitter. Support me on Patreon
Was I helpful?
  • If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
  • If so, please let others know about Composr whenever you see the opportunity or support me on Patreon.
  • If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying Composr on fun personal projects.
  • If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

temp1024 said

On the new notifications tab, will there be any admin specific options, i.e. like error notification, spam warnings,  etc. ?

Yes
https://github.com/chrisgraham/ocPortal/tree/master/sources/hooks/systems/notifications

Was I helpful?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

BobS said

In Mac Safari, overlays are very sketchy. This is with a just cleared browser cache.

overlay_safari_mac - BobS702's library

Bob

Screencast much appreciated, will review tomorrow.

Was I helpful?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Fletch said

mythus said

On the index, for the deploying forum I see  V8 BETA - Probl…port it here …

By Fletch

Yet go into the Deploying forum, it's not in there, anywhere.
I guess you can attribute this as my bad. I started the topic, checked back and found that ALL the bugs were being reported in Chris' original topic (he suggested that they should be), so I deleted my topic and added the post to all the other bug reports there.

I guess this could be reported as a bug - the fact that a deleted topic continues to show up as current, sending a user to a 404 when it is clicked!

:thumbs:

Was a bug deleting topics that I spotted in the error log and fixed, must have crashed things out before cleanup ran.

Was I helpful?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Jean said

I'm happy to see that lots have been solved in such a short period.

However, I'm still having problems attaching images in both browsers: Chrome and Firefox, even after clearing cache and cookies. And, now I cannot even use the "Code" Comcode to list my extracted codes from the posts.

Also, pasting text directly from Notepad gives me dotted lines with DIV for each paragraph. This is cleaned up using the "paste as plain text" icon.

Attaching an image seems to work perfectly until I try to preview it.  Here are some of the codes I was able to extract from several attempts to post, if it may help. (oops, sorry the comcode code preview error keeps telling me that semihtml was opened but not closed and that attachment was opened and not closed, however this is not true.) Disabling wysiwyg or going to the source makes no difference.

Jean

Yikes, please post an (e.g. Jing) screencast if you have the time.

Was I helpful?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Honoured member

Something i keep meaning to bring up, and its a general bug not specific to v8, is the text wrap around images.

I use blogger and have got used to being able to very easy put an image into a blog post and have text wrap around it with the click of a button.

With ocPortal i have found that text wrap is very buggy, and it has been impossible to have text fully wrap around an image. It tends to wrap one line, then text jumps to the bottom of the image leaving a huge gap.

tbh its not a big deal, and is the only head banging issue i've come across. Is there any improvement on this with v8?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Yes, it is significantly improved in v8.

Was I helpful?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Honoured member

Hi Chris, thanks...i just did a few tests and it works perfectly. Spot on as usual
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Language … !!

Take my advice. I'm not using it!

View my working ocPortal site (version 9.x.x) at Anglo-Indian Portal
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

'Forum home' missing in PT …

Take my advice. I'm not using it!

View my working ocPortal site (version 9.x.x) at Anglo-Indian Portal
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Fletch, I am thinking that is because it is now set as a tab for member profile. However, I would love to see forum home return to the breadcrumb there!

On my site though, it isn't a big issue because Forum Home is one of the main menu links.

Legends of Nor'Ova: A site powered by ocPortal; home of the Legends of Nor'Ova tabletop RPG wiki and community.

Like ocPortal? Want to thank Chris and gang somehow? Then help out in the chat room! It really needs your help! Just open it in a tab everytime you open your web browser, and when you hear a "ding", check it out!

"Those who want help should first be willing to give help."
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

The lack of links to the forum home here has driven me around the bend since joining here, couldn't hurt to throw a link to the forums in the main menu on this site too surely!

Metal IS Forever & We WILL Rock You 'til You Choke! Rock Babe
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Petrikuhr said

The lack of links to the forum home here has driven me around the bend since joining here, couldn't hurt to throw a link to the forums in the main menu on this site too surely!

I would so love that myself lol. But, at least I have it bookmarked, so all I have to do is click on my bookmark and *poof* ocportal forums is where I'm at.

Legends of Nor'Ova: A site powered by ocPortal; home of the Legends of Nor'Ova tabletop RPG wiki and community.

Like ocPortal? Want to thank Chris and gang somehow? Then help out in the chat room! It really needs your help! Just open it in a tab everytime you open your web browser, and when you hear a "ding", check it out!

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Fletch said

Language … !!

I think that's fixed now. Not sure how that suddenly started going wrong.

Was I helpful?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Repeated Buttons has been spotted in the Personal Topics tab! Amazed viewers flock by the thousands to see and take pictures!

Attachment
repeated buttons
» Download: b8726088d51517b6f3ef6d0b9f632372.dat (3 Bytes, 0 downloads so far)

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

I'm a bit confused, after the update my account on my site has lost the points it had from uploading downloads and such stuff. I don't care personally but that's a heck of a problem if you have lots of members who end up losing lots of points that way!

Metal IS Forever & We WILL Rock You 'til You Choke! Rock Babe
Back to the top

1 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None
Control functions:

Quick reply   Expand