HTML Logo by World Wide Web Consortium (www.w3.org). Click to learn more about our commitment to accessibility and standards.

Moving forward with Composr

ocPortal has been relaunched as Composr CMS. ocPortal 9 is superseded by Composr 10.

Head over to compo.sr for our new site, and to our migration roadmap. Existing ocPortal member accounts have been mirrored.

ocPortal.com upgraded

Login / Search

[ Join | More ]

Posted
Rating:

Facebook friends - Fixed

Google Plus - Fixed

Member Bar - Fixed

Attachments - Please try emptying browser cache first, otherwise a Jing video may help track it down

Pinned - yes

Gift points - Real, I was testing ;)

Missing Link - I think that's an old e-mail, I fixed earlier.

Become a fan of Composr on Facebook or add me as a friend. Add me on on Twitter. Support me on Patreon
Was I helpful?
  • If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
  • If so, please let others know about Composr whenever you see the opportunity or support me on Patreon.
  • If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying Composr on fun personal projects.
  • If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Fletch said

2.Points block

I was just posting about this. Should you really be able to give gift points to yourself?

Once again, it took two attempts before the image overlay appears.

Bob
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

I can give points to myself yeah ;). Admins can in ocPortal.

Become a fan of Composr on Facebook or add me as a friend. Add me on on Twitter. Support me on Patreon
Was I helpful?
  • If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
  • If so, please let others know about Composr whenever you see the opportunity or support me on Patreon.
  • If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying Composr on fun personal projects.
  • If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

"Mark post as read" bug fixed :thumbs:

Attachment bug now can't even press the browse button.
-  In Firefox get error:

Code

Warning: Empty string passed to getElementById().
- IE get error:

Code

Line: 312
Char: 214
Code: 0
URI: http://ocportal.com/themes/ocproducts/templates_cached/EN/javascript_plupload.js

Do you have a Samsung Galaxy S / Galaxy S II ? If so, why not check out my ScreenFree FM Radio .
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Never knew that. But then, I think admins can just add/decrease points at will anyway.

Bob
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

On the Member profile Activiity tab, there is only the possibilty to syndicate to Facebook. Is there a Twitter/other options?

Bob
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

New bug - On the member profile Inbox tab the mark 'read' and send msg buttons are duplicated.

Do you have a Samsung Galaxy S / Galaxy S II ? If so, why not check out my ScreenFree FM Radio .
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Another bug - On the member profile Edit/Privacy tab the last group of permissions does not have a heading.

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Breadcrumbs.

Once PT is opened, can't navigate back to forum_home via breadcrumbs.

Hansel und Gretel would have hated this!

:thumbs:

Take my advice. I'm not using it!

View my working ocPortal site (version 9.x.x) at Anglo-Indian Portal
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

On the new notifications tab, will there be any admin specific options, i.e. like error notification, spam warnings,  etc. ?

Last edit: by temp1024

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

In Mac Safari, overlays are very sketchy. This is with a just cleared browser cache.

overlay_safari_mac - BobS702's library

Bob
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

The next batch of Gremlins.

1) Chatroom becomes active - Advanced
   Contains multiple duplicate entries

2) New calendar event added - Advanced
   Contains multiple duplicate entries

3) On the points tab, changing the sort order returns you to the Profile tab (although it does sort it).

4) On the index tab, changing the sort order returns you to the Profile tab (although it does sort it).

5) On inbox tab, using the Topic/poll actions: dropdown kicks you out of the tabs.

6?) On inbox tab, when marking an very old pt as unread it doesn't actually mark it as unread.

I initially thought it was a bug, but I know this is probably because it has aged-out. There should be a message stating that x messages could nout be marked as unread because they are older the x days.

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Is it just me or does there continue to be new messages that are actually old, when you click on posts since last visit?

Paul
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Arbo said

Is it just me or does there continue to be new messages that are actually old, when you click on posts since last visit?
Yes…I think it has something to do with the changes made to the way comments/website comments forum are handled.

Bob
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Ok this is kind of odd….

On the index, for the deploying forum I see  V8 BETA - Probl…port it here …
By Fletch

Yet go into the Deploying forum, it's not in there, anywhere.

Click on that link on the index, and it gives me a "Resource Can't be found" 404 page.

Screenshot of index showing the questioned post for good measure:

BobS said

On the Member profile Activiity tab, there is only the possibilty to syndicate to Facebook. Is there a Twitter/other options?Bob

Oh I sure hope so. You see, I use Google+, not facebook. I had a facebook account an age ago, but deleted it because it was full of adults stuck in their preteens. So yeah....

I'm not sure if it is possible yet to do anything with Google+, I mean has Google even released that API yet? I hope it is though. And truthfully, it would be bad of Google not to allow it to be possible I think. 

Legends of Nor'Ova: A site powered by ocPortal; home of the Legends of Nor'Ova tabletop RPG wiki and community.

Like ocPortal? Want to thank Chris and gang somehow? Then help out in the chat room! It really needs your help! Just open it in a tab everytime you open your web browser, and when you hear a "ding", check it out!

"Those who want help should first be willing to give help."
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

We're definitely getting there quick, but there are a few more kinks than I anticipated. When you consider a lot of core ocPortal systems have been substantially rewritten and it's their first test in the wild it's not that surprising though.

Particularly I just noticed some anomalous emails just came out from our site. I know recent members got their welcome mails about 5 times (that's been fixed now though). So really sorry if people have got junk mail from our server, it should be fixed very soon.

Was I helpful?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

mythus said

On the index, for the deploying forum I see  V8 BETA - Probl…port it here …

By Fletch

Yet go into the Deploying forum, it's not in there, anywhere.
I guess you can attribute this as my bad. I started the topic, checked back and found that ALL the bugs were being reported in Chris' original topic (he suggested that they should be), so I deleted my topic and added the post to all the other bug reports there.

I guess this could be reported as a bug - the fact that a deleted topic continues to show up as current, sending a user to a 404 when it is clicked!

Take my advice. I'm not using it!

View my working ocPortal site (version 9.x.x) at Anglo-Indian Portal
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

I'm happy to see that lots have been solved in such a short period.

However, I'm still having problems attaching images in both browsers: Chrome and Firefox, even after clearing cache and cookies. And, now I cannot even use the "Code" Comcode to list my extracted codes from the posts.

Also, pasting text directly from Notepad gives me dotted lines with DIV for each paragraph. This is cleaned up using the "paste as plain text" icon.

Attaching an image seems to work perfectly until I try to preview it.  Here are some of the codes I was able to extract from several attempts to post, if it may help. (oops, sorry the comcode code preview error keeps telling me that semihtml was opened but not closed and that attachment was opened and not closed, however this is not true.) Disabling wysiwyg or going to the source makes no difference.

:(
Jean
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

So, is the security update for 7.1.5 email I just got a legit email or another weird email?

Metal IS Forever & We WILL Rock You 'til You Choke! Rock Babe
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

So, is the security update for 7.1.5 email I just got a legit email or another weird email?

That is legitimate.

Some pretty random looking error mails went out to some of the lowest member ID users.

Was I helpful?
Back to the top

There are too many online users to list.
Control functions:

Quick reply   Expand