HTML Logo by World Wide Web Consortium (www.w3.org). Click to learn more about our commitment to accessibility and standards.

Moving forward with Composr

ocPortal has been relaunched as Composr CMS. ocPortal 9 is superseded by Composr 10.

Head over to compo.sr for our new site, and to our migration roadmap. Existing ocPortal member accounts have been mirrored.

ocPortal.com upgraded

Login / Search

[ Join | More ]

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Ah, that's why when I hit posts since last visit there are hundreds of them in the list, most of them by 'system'.

Honestly, I don't even know what differences I am supposed to see.  Nothing pops out yet.

Paul
Back to the top

Posted
Item has a rating of 5 (Liked by Ollie8557)  
Rating:

Community saint

A couple things I noticed different, Arbo, were the like and dislike buttons and the changing of the quick reply button to read "Make Post".

Also if you try to put up an attachment (don't it's broken right now), that screen is a good bit different.

Legends of Nor'Ova: A site powered by ocPortal; home of the Legends of Nor'Ova tabletop RPG wiki and community.

Like ocPortal? Want to thank Chris and gang somehow? Then help out in the chat room! It really needs your help! Just open it in a tab everytime you open your web browser, and when you hear a "ding", check it out!

"Those who want help should first be willing to give help."
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Just a query, nothing that has to be done of course but I wondered if you will be cleaning out the Website Comments forum, all those old posts have pushed back recent relevant topics a long way.

Metal IS Forever & We WILL Rock You 'til You Choke! Rock Babe
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Just a query, nothing that has to be done of course but I wondered if you will be cleaning out the Website Comments forum, all those old posts have pushed back recent relevant topics a long way.

Some people have posted in there directly in the past but it was never designed for that, I'll move those topics out if I can find them. I've changed the permissions on there now to stop people creating topics directly in there.

Become a fan of Composr on Facebook or add me as a friend. Add me on on Twitter. Support me on Patreon
Was I helpful?
  • If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
  • If so, please let others know about Composr whenever you see the opportunity or support me on Patreon.
  • If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying Composr on fun personal projects.
  • If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Petrikuhr said

temp1024 said

I'm unable to upload picture attachments. The upload seems to go ok until it returns to the form and then just freezes, or I get the 'hand' cursor and anywhere I click on the form/page I get the OS download dialogue box.

I don't know if this is v8 specific, but I've never had this type of problem attaching images before you upgraded.
Similar problem I just had, clicking the upload for attachment does nothing at all, probably just me being a moron though!

[ From “ocPortal.com upgraded” ]
This is just for adding a remark that for me the process went smooth with Google Chrome.

I've attached an image a few minutes ago in a PT and was surprised not to see the usual popup. At first it seemed to hang there doing nothing and then came a nice informative interface with the appropriate choices to attach the image.

Well Done!
I like it!
:thumbs:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Jean said

I've attached an image a few minutes ago in a PT and was surprised not to see the usual popup. At first it seemed to hang there doing nothing and then came a nice informative interface with the appropriate choices to attach the image.

Well Done!
I like it!

See, this just makes me feel really stupid, I have just now tried again to attach an image and again nothing happened, i waited for a full 20 seconds, nothing happened! I'm using Firefox, don't know if that makes a difference.

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Nah it don't, I was using Chromium, same result as you Petrikuhr. No worries, you ain't stupid. The bug is what's stupid!

My guess is it is hanging up at the whole upload process. I noticed that there was an ever going uploading image and right underneath it the misleading text that said the attachment was uploaded. Of course, this was a blatant lie by the evil bug demon, trying to trick me… but I digress…

Legends of Nor'Ova: A site powered by ocPortal; home of the Legends of Nor'Ova tabletop RPG wiki and community.

Like ocPortal? Want to thank Chris and gang somehow? Then help out in the chat room! It really needs your help! Just open it in a tab everytime you open your web browser, and when you hear a "ding", check it out!

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Do attachments work now?

Become a fan of Composr on Facebook or add me as a friend. Add me on on Twitter. Support me on Patreon
Was I helpful?
  • If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
  • If so, please let others know about Composr whenever you see the opportunity or support me on Patreon.
  • If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying Composr on fun personal projects.
  • If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Petrikuhr said

Jean said

Well Done!
I like it!
See, this just makes me feel really stupid, I have just now tried again to attach an image and again nothing happened, i waited for a full 20 seconds, nothing happened! I'm using Firefox, don't know if that makes a difference.
LOL Petrikuhr!

I can confirm that it does not work with Firefox indeed.

I can't test Chromium mythus, but Chrome works for me:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

With Opera 11.x

http://digiflash.nl Photo community  (dutch)
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Attachments working lovely on firefox now Chris. :) Whooohooo!! :)

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Just checked out the new member account page!

Let me say, that will take some time to get used too lol, but how, lots of neat stuff going on! I hope that the tabs will make things more user friendly for ocPortal users! I am almost surprised to see many of the things that I made menu links for in my site's Personal Page as tabs. I guess all great minds steal some of my mind eh? No wonder I've been so forgetful lately :P.

But no really, it rocks! However, allow me to share this screenshot with you!

And yay attachments work awesome now!

Anyways, that was after fixing my time zone for my profile. I guess it whent through, and at the same time spit out a fun error. 

Back to the top

Posted
Item has a rating of 5 (Liked by mythus)  
Rating:

Thanks, fixed.

Was I helpful?
Back to the top

Posted
Item has a rating of 5 (Liked by GuestLiked by sholzy)  
Rating:

Community saint

Awesome!

Noticed you fixed the likes too!

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Ok, that should be everything fixed up now. Let me know in here if I missed anything.

Since this morning the Facebook and Activities addons have also been installed, meaning you can log in here using Facebook, and also (separately) you can have your activities syndicated out onto Facebook, as I am:
Chris Graham | Facebook
(to set this up just go to you just go to your profile, the Activity tab, and click the obvious button).

Was I helpful?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Facebook friends block not populated (see error at bottom of page)at ocPortal.com - Community

EDIT: Nevermind - seems to be working now.

Is  the Google Plus area supposed to contain anything.

Also, while uploading the image in this post, the overlay is still "iffy" in its appearance - sometimes it works, other times not.

Bob

Last edit: by BobS
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

I call this one the 'Missing Link' (with apologies to Charles Darwin). The image tells it all ..

missing link

Take my advice. I'm not using it!

View my working ocPortal site (version 9.x.x) at Anglo-Indian Portal
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Can this topic be made 'sticky', please?

View my working ocPortal site (version 9.x.x) at Anglo-Indian Portal
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Fletch said

Can this topic be made 'sticky', please?
Yes, please.

Bob
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Two more …

1. Member info block

I think this was fixed in version 7.1.5 by editing the 'min-height' to 100px

2.Points block