HTML Logo by World Wide Web Consortium (www.w3.org). Click to learn more about our commitment to accessibility and standards.

Moving forward with Composr

ocPortal has been relaunched as Composr CMS. ocPortal 9 is superseded by Composr 10.

Head over to compo.sr for our new site, and to our migration roadmap. Existing ocPortal member accounts have been mirrored.

Our timeline

Login / Search

[ Join | More ]

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Nice work on the time line Robbie, it's great seeing ocPortal's progress over the years, and I'm glad to see you guys are still going on strong!
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Looking forward to participate in this project with these screens from my websites:

Attachment
Africa Theme
» Download: a9758c205e18309a6a8bd9ed6f430008.dat (3 Bytes, 0 downloads so far)

Sorry, attachments still don't work for me.:(
Please ignore this post
Jean
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

hehehe (imagine Mutley sniggering)!

Mine is now working OK in all the major browsers, which isn't a great help to you, I know, but I mention it so that you can eliminate the actual software when troubleshooting.

Something is screwing with your set-up, Jean. I had to add Mutley because I know you'll 'sort' it pretty damn fast, and that this isn't going to turn into an earth shattering event for you.

There IS an attachment, but it is identified as a '.dat' file of 3 Bytes. Must be something going wrong when  the upload 'agent' is triggered in your browser.

:thumbs:

Take my advice. I'm not using it!

View my working ocPortal site (version 9.x.x) at Anglo-Indian Portal
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

(Currently looking into some of these overlay/upload issues)

Become a fan of Composr on Facebook or add me as a friend. Add me on on Twitter. Support me on Patreon
Was I helpful?
  • If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
  • If so, please let others know about Composr whenever you see the opportunity or support me on Patreon.
  • If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying Composr on fun personal projects.
  • If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

LOL Fletch! Thanks for the encouragements. I've included a Jing video in another post and I'm sure Chris will find out what is going on. By forcing some small changes to the comcode I was able to preview some images. Somehow my comcode gets corrupted by some background issues.

By the way Fletch, I've peeked at some never seen before and gorgeous themes from your list of images. Hope you are not waiting for v8 to share them. ;)

I know also that Friendly is working on a fantastic Dino theme for quite some time now and I keep hoping he releases it. It looks great Friendly!:thumbs::)

Jean
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

By the way … Hope you are not waiting for v8 to share them …
Ermmmmm!, that was the Baldrick-like cunning plan, because I may have to spend a bit of time tarting up the current ones on offer.

Also I am attempting to 'emulate' the Pro themes with slimmed-down ocPortal functionality for peeps that want something 'different'.

We shall see.

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Thank you Robbie!:thumbs::)
Looking forward to participate in this project with these screens from my websites: (9)
(All is well again posting these images--many thanks to Chris:thumbs:)

BF3 Theme

BF3 Theme

BF3 Theme

Desert Combat

Edge Theme

Faces Theme

Portal Conflict

Family History

The Forest
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Thank you very much!

I'll assemble the cover photo this weekend, so you've still got a day or two to send me additional screenshots.

Like ocPortal on Facebook:
Back to the top

Posted
Item has a rating of 5 (Liked by Robbie GoacherLiked by Jean)  
Rating:

Community saint

Image attachments now work for me, so here is my site:

Do you have a Samsung Galaxy S / Galaxy S II ? If so, why not check out my ScreenFree FM Radio .
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Thank you!

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Fletch said

I'll try again, now that Chris reckons it has been fixed (in another thread). I intend to split the submissions, but you may use as many, or as few, or none!

Some are still 'works-in-progress' that were brought to an abrupt halt to await the release of version 8, but the fundamental principle will continue to be the same … they should all work with the core functionality of ocPortal.

beige-(2011)
blue streak-(2011)
bubbles-(2011)
crazy radio-(2012)

[ From “Our timeline” ]

Fletch said

Second batch …

aip-original-(2006)
aip-current-(2009)
ctr-(2011)
reflections-(2011)

[ From “Our timeline” ]

Fletch said

Third of four …

green geisha-(2011)
metallic-(2011)
sunset-(2011)
our team-(2012)

[ From “Our timeline” ]

Fletch said

Last …

pink champagne-(2011)
brave new world-(2011)

[ From “Our timeline” ]

Fletch, is there a possibility that you could make these larger, or at least get rid of the borders? I'm having a lot of trouble getting them to fit (they're a little too shallow at the moment, and the borders crop off the logos).

Back to the top

Posted
Item has a rating of 5 (Liked by Brian Hay)  
Rating:

Check it out: ocPortal | Facebook

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Nice job, Robbie. It's great to see ocPortal get a bit more attention through social sites. Hopefully, all those here with Facebook accounts take the time to "Like" the page.

Bob
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

This is a great montage Robbies. I just wish it would scroll down to see more.;)

Well Done!
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Yes well done.

http://digiflash.nl Photo community  (dutch)
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Thanks all. I'll amend it as time goes on, and if Fletch can add some larger images.

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Robbie Goacher said

Thanks all. I'll amend it as time goes on, and if Fletch can add some larger images.
On their way, Robbie. I'll give you the larger images so that you can crop them down to the working size you've elected to use.

Oooerrrr!, RC2 is out, which means a slight delay …!!

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Hehe. No rush - whenever you're ready.

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Robbie,

Here's the ZIP containing images of various sizes which I assume you will crop to fit your display …

Attachment
Screencaps for Robbie\'s Timeline
» Download: ocp_robbie.zip (11 Mb, 206 downloads so far)

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Thanks - I've added this to my to-do list. I'll hopefully get it done sometime this week.

Back to the top

There are too many online users to list.
Control functions:

Quick reply   Expand