HTML Logo by World Wide Web Consortium (www.w3.org). Click to learn more about our commitment to accessibility and standards.

Moving forward with Composr

ocPortal has been relaunched as Composr CMS. ocPortal 9 is superseded by Composr 10.

Head over to compo.sr for our new site, and to our migration roadmap. Existing ocPortal member accounts have been mirrored.

Migrating from Raven Nuke 2.4 to ocPortal

Login / Search

[ Join | More ]
 Add topic 
Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Another Update.

Ok so the RN2.4 Importer is practically done. Sorry I ended up out of town a lot longer than expected (was supposed to be like 5 days ended up almost 2 weeks) just got back last night and had a little time to revisit this morn. After being gone from it for a couple weeks I was a little frustrated in getting started again and decided to leave out a few things I had planned on doing and just copied in the forum stuff to it hastily and made necessary changes to the code.

Had to go out all afternoon and got back to test and I have a couple errors to debug but most of the data did get imported which is a good sign.  There seems to be an issue with the Members portion of the import so once I have figured that out it will be ready to go (or at least for others to test anyway). I have lots to do (outside of the importer) so I will do my best to try and have it ready for tomorrow (I am chillin out the rest of tonight too tired for coding right now)
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Excellent news Duck !!

I have held off our test migration until you have completed this importer.

Many thanks for your efforts here.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Attachment
OcPortal - RavenNuke 2.4 Importer
» Download: ocPortal RN24 Importer.zip (13 Kb)
It is Finally finished! Had a little trouble wrapping my head around the forum polls import section but I believe I have everything working well now. Did a couple test runs myself and all seemed to work well.

Now this is by no means an absolute complete importer but it gets a very major majority of the stuff.

I was going to do some file moving and stuff but decided to leave that out for now. Another thing I did not import yet is the Calendar stuff. If need be i may add it at a later date.

This is for RN 2.4 NOT 2.5 (which I may add later)
Also note that while it will find subforums if the mod is installed it will not order than as subforums because by default RN does not come with subforums installed. But that is no biggie because at least the forums are there and you can move em around the way you like.

Final note when going to use the importer in asks for DB details and has pre-filled stuff for ocPortal just change those infos to your RN install details.

Also the base path adds a slash old to the end which you need to delete unless you use it that way "/old"

I installed ocPortal in a separate database (on same server) and then copied all ocp files right over top my RN installation. Installed ocp then ran the importer. had a fuss about the news category dependencies but just re selected it and ran again and viola all was well.

Please let me know your experiences. Also please try this first on back ups but either way I hope all goes well.

Here is the files. Nothing to overwrite just place in the appropriate places and away you go!
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

oops damn just noticed a minor bug that will need being looked into. While it copies all the forums and posts over correctly it does not update the forum index with a post count. dang it and i thought I was finished!
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Lol I was just about to give it a go !!
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Duck said

oops damn just noticed a minor bug that will need being looked into. While it copies all the forums and posts over correctly it does not update the forum index with a post count. dang it and i thought I was finished!

It possibly shouldn't. The upgraders we've done don't, for performance - after the importer is done we ask people to go to the cleanup tools which can sort that out.

Become a fan of Composr on Facebook or add me as a friend. Add me on on Twitter. Support me on Patreon
Was I helpful?
  • If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
  • If so, please let others know about Composr whenever you see the opportunity or support me on Patreon.
  • If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying Composr on fun personal projects.
  • If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

@Chris

Well I was thinking something like this in the add topic posts section

Code

$querymap=array(
f_cache_num_topics=>f_cache_num_topics+1
);
$wheremap = array(
id=>$forum_id
);

query_update($table,$querymap,$wheremap)

Would this not work? and if so is there an ocPortal function that returns me the Forum name (prefix included type thing?)

Last edit: by Duck
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Found get_table_prefix function in the api guide. Suppose I could use that then
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Code

$db->query('UPDATE '.$db->get_table_prefix().'f_forums SET f_cache_num_topics=f_cache_num_topics+1');

Or probably better to keep a count of how make ocf_make_topic calls you did then do…

Code

$db->query('UPDATE '.$db->get_table_prefix().'f_forums SET f_cache_num_topics=f_cache_num_topics+'.strval($num_new_topics));

Become a fan of Composr on Facebook or add me as a friend. Add me on on Twitter. Support me on Patreon
Was I helpful?
  • If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
  • If so, please let others know about Composr whenever you see the opportunity or support me on Patreon.
  • If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying Composr on fun personal projects.
  • If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Ahh you're right the Clean up tools work great cool I am done then!!!
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Thanks for the reply Chris I had started working on something like that when I thought "Maybe I should check out the clean up tools you mentioned" and whammo it does a great job. No need for me to bang my head with other ideas! lol
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

So Lhasa please back up well but let me know how it goes for you.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Hi Duck,
I am just working with a copy of the main site on a NAS box that I have :-) So no danger to trying any of this out.

I thought that I would start by telling you about errors and depending on your response start to look for the reasons why - ok with you ?

Oh and ignore the daft path I have ocportal in, I did it and then thought well it is throw away to get the importer working, so left it as it is.

The 9th entry in the import list is blank, but has a tick box.

Authors - does not appear to do anything.

Banners - give: Fatal error: Call to undefined function add_banner() in /share/MD0_DATA/Web/public_html/ocportal/ocportal_quick_installer-7.1.5__requires_ftp/sources/hooks/modules/admin_import/ravenuke2_4.php on line 136

Config Users - does not appear to do anything.

Config BB - does not appear to do anything.

Downloads - Fatal error: Call to undefined function add_author() in /share/MD0_DATA/Web/public_html/ocportal/ocportal_quick_installer-7.1.5__requires_ftp/sources/hooks/modules/admin_import/ravenuke2_4.php on line 730

Frequently Asked Questions - Successful Import.

Links - Successful Import.

News Archive - Successful Import.

Comcode page - why is that there ?

Poll archive - No error, but I am not quite sure where they have gone in ocp.

CEDI - Not sure what CEDI is, importer gave this error: A source code file is missing: cedi (/share/MD0_DATA/Web/public_html/ocportal/ocportal_quick_installer-7.1.5__requires_ftp//sources/cedi.php or an overridden equivalent to this path) (version: 7.1.5, PHP version: 5.2.14, URL: /ocportal/ocportal_quick_installer-7.1.5__requires_ftp/adminzone/index.php?page=admin_import&type=import&session=673068600&importer=ravenuke2_4)

Word Filter - Successful import.

Usergroups - Successful import.

Members - Database query failed: SELECT * FROM nuke_users u LEFT JOIN nuke_bbbanlist b ON u.user_id=b.ban_userid WHERE u.user_id<>-1 ORDER BY u.user_id LIMIT 0,200 [Incorrect key file for table '/tmp/#sql_c4a_0.MYI'; try to repair it]<br />

Member files - cannot complete because of the dependancy on Members import.

Forum groupings - Successful import.

Forums - Successful import.

Topics - I am getting a timeout, Fatal error Maximum execution time of 15 seconds exceeded in/share/MD0_DATA/Web/public_html/ocportal/ocportal_quick_installer-7.1.5__requires_ftp/sources/database/mysql.php
My NAS box is not the fastest in the world (QNAP 219p), so how do I increase the timeout duration ?

Posts - Same timeout error as above.

I will stop there - hopefully you can give me some insight as to what the problems might be. Then I can debug further.

I have also noticed that I have "(Original PHP-Nuke Code Copyright © 2004 by Francisco Burzi)" />" at the top of every page now :-)

Looking forward to your reply.

Cheers,
Ade

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

My NAS box is not the fastest in the world (QNAP 219p), so how do I increase the timeout duration ?

Probably you have PHP safe mode on and need to turn it off in the main php.ini. With safe mode ocP can't disable the time limit.

You can also keep refreshing, and as long as Duck coded it right, it will continue from where it was.

Was I helpful?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

The 9th entry in the import list is blank, but has a tick box.

it reads fine on mine and is for Flagarant (nuke equivalant is messaging)

Authors - does not appear to do anything. on  mine it does

Banners - give: Fatal error: Call to undefined function add_banner() in /share/MD0_DATA/Web/public_html/ocportal/ocportal_quick_installer-7.1.5__requires_ftp/sources/hooks/modules/admin_import/ravenuke2_4.php on line 136 Dont know about this one yet

Config Users - does not appear to do anything. I checked ocp Database and yes it does move the values over

Config BB - does not appear to do anything. This works for me too

Downloads - Fatal error: Call to undefined function add_author() in /share/MD0_DATA/Web/public_html/ocportal/ocportal_quick_installer-7.1.5__requires_ftp/sources/hooks/modules/admin_import/ravenuke2_4.php on line 730 Don't know about this one yet

Frequently Asked Questions - Successful Import.

Links - Successful Import.

News Archive - Successful Import.

Comcode page - why is that there ? This refers to nuke pages and works but I dunno why it is called comcode pages during import. (a language file somewhere I guess)

Poll archive - No error, but I am not quite sure where they have gone in ocp. The polls worked perfect for me. This is the main site polls not forum polls

CEDI - Not sure what CEDI is, importer gave this error: A source code file is missing: cedi (/share/MD0_DATA/Web/public_html/ocportal/ocportal_quick_installer-7.1.5__requires_ftp//sources/cedi.php or an overridden equivalent to this path) (version: 7.1.5, PHP version: 5.2.14, URL: /ocportal/ocportal_quick_installer-7.1.5__requires_ftp/adminzone/index.php?page=admin_import&type=import&session=673068600&importer=ravenuke2_4) Not sure on this one I had no errors

Word Filter - Successful import.

Usergroups - Successful import.

Members - Database query failed: SELECT * FROM nuke_users u LEFT JOIN nuke_bbbanlist b on u.user_id=b.ban_userid WHERE u.user_id<>-1 ORDER BY u.user_id LIMIT 0,200 [Incorrect key file for table '/tmp/#sql_c4a_0.MYI'; try to repair it]<br /> My Members imported perfectly but I was working with small test data may need more investigation

Member files - cannot complete because of the dependancy on Members import.

Forum groupings - Successful import.

Forums - Successful import.

Topics - I am getting a timeout, Fatal error Maximum execution time of 15 seconds exceeded in/share/MD0_DATA/Web/public_html/ocportal/ocportal_quick_installer-7.1.5__requires_ftp/sources/database/mysql.php

Posts - Same timeout error as above.

I will stop there - hopefully you can give me some insight as to what the problems might be. Then I can debug further.

I have also noticed that I have "(Original PHP-Nuke Code Copyright © 2004 by Francisco Burzi)" />" at the top of every page now :-) I have this one too must figure out how that happened???

Looking forward to your reply.

Cheers,
Ade
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Power keeps cutting out here (bad storm) second time I had to reply so I may not get say or do much more sorry
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Duck, you have just earned my admiration. While I am not importing from Raven Nuke (been a ocPortal user for some time now), this is one heck of a contribution on your part. I forsee sainthood in your future.

So here, enjoy some points.

And Lhasa, welcome to the wonderful world of ocPortal. CEDI is an awesome controlled/managed wiki x 2 (that can be set up like a wiki or anything else really, even a tightly managed forum of sorts). It is just one of the many mighty features you shall now get to enjoy, and in the years to come you will constantly find new and powerful aspects of ocPortal.

Legends of Nor'Ova: A site powered by ocPortal; home of the Legends of Nor'Ova tabletop RPG wiki and community.

Like ocPortal? Want to thank Chris and gang somehow? Then help out in the chat room! It really needs your help! Just open it in a tab everytime you open your web browser, and when you hear a "ding", check it out!

"Those who want help should first be willing to give help."
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

CEDI - Not sure what CEDI is, importer gave this error: A source code file is missing: cedi

Suggests to me CEDI isn't installed, although in that case it shouldn't show.

Two of the errors relate to missing require_code, stemming from bugs in the original phpnuke importer. Diff…

Code

--- a/sources/hooks/modules/admin_import/phpnuke.php
+++ b/sources/hooks/modules/admin_import/phpnuke.php
@@ -101,6 +101,7 @@ class Hook_phpnuke
        function import_banners($db,$table_prefix,$old_base_dir)
        {
                require_code('banners');
+               require_code('banners2');

$rows=$db->query('SELECT * FROM '.$table_prefix.'banner b LEFT JOIN '.$table_prefix.'bannerclient c ON b.cid=c.cid');
                foreach ($rows as $row)
@@ -465,6 +466,7 @@ class Hook_phpnuke
                        $test=$GLOBALS['SITE_DB']->query_value_null_ok('authors','url',array('author'=>$row['name']));
                        if (is_null($test))
                        {
+                               require_code('authors');
                                add_author($row['name'],$row['homepage'],NULL,'','');
                        } else
                        {

Members - Database query failed: SELECT * FROM nuke_users u LEFT JOIN nuke_bbbanlist b on u.user_id=b.ban_userid WHERE u.user_id<>-1 ORDER BY u.user_id LIMIT 0,200 [Incorrect key file for table '/tmp/#sql_c4a_0.MYI'; try to repair it]<br /> My Members imported perfectly but I was working with small test data may need more investigation

Really is a corrupt table.

Was I helpful?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

@Mythus Thank You but truth be told it is mostly copying of Chris's original code from 2 files and meshing them together with some minor changes here and there to update it.  The bulk of the work was just studying the 2 table systems and mapping what data goes where. for the coding part there were some areas that needed a little overhaul but a lot of it was just adjusting little things. So that said a big thanks goes to Chris for the original Nuke and Phpbb importers that were the basis of this one.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Don't underestimate your contribution!

What you said may be true, it may be largely based on Chris's work. But that is not what is important!

What matters is that you took the initiative. You saw a need, and you worked on filling it! You helped a member in need, and did a job that needed doing. That is huge, it saves the developers time, and it helps others!

Legends of Nor'Ova: A site powered by ocPortal; home of the Legends of Nor'Ova tabletop RPG wiki and community.

Like ocPortal? Want to thank Chris and gang somehow? Then help out in the chat room! It really needs your help! Just open it in a tab everytime you open your web browser, and when you hear a "ding", check it out!

"Those who want help should first be willing to give help."
Back to the top

There are too many online users to list.
Control functions:

Quick reply   Expand