HTML Logo by World Wide Web Consortium (www.w3.org). Click to learn more about our commitment to accessibility and standards.

Moving forward with Composr

ocPortal has been relaunched as Composr CMS. ocPortal 9 is superseded by Composr 10.

Head over to compo.sr for our new site, and to our migration roadmap. Existing ocPortal member accounts have been mirrored.

change memberslist to show last online instead of join date

Login / Search

[ Join | More ]
 Add topic 
Posted
Rating:

Community saint

ok, here is the members.php for the latest version of the mod, put it in site/pages/modules_custom

Attachment
members.php for join date & lastondate modification
» Download: members.php (14 Kb, 103 downloads so far)

Paul
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Ok, to recap, you need the most recent sql to add the fields to the config table in the database.

You need the additions to the two language files mentioned.

You need the members.php in the last post.

What you will get in configuration/features/members is this:

Then depending on if both are off or both are on, or whichever combination you put in, you get the following results (remember my screen is crunched up a bit, so things don't fit so well when I have both on):

Hope it's of use.

Paul
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

added it to the tracker.

Paul
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Well-settled

Arbo,

Thanks for all of the hard work and clear instructions.  I've done everything (I think) but when I go to my Member page I am getting this error:

A language entry is missing: LAST_ACTIVE

But I have ofc.ini in the lang_custom/EN folder and in that file I have these lines:

JOIN_DATE=Join date
LAST_ACTIVE=Last Online

I tried refreshing while holding down Control-Alt-Shift in order to regenerate the page cache and that did not work.  Any suggestions?

Thanks again!
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Hmm… did you go into admin zone->tools->website cleanup tools

and clear out the language cache?   That might be it… I always have a hard time after changes getting the right caches cleared out.

If that doesn't work, let me know.

Paul
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Well-settled

I went in and cleared the language, members, and template caches via the website cleanup tools and I'm still getting the error.

It's weird because the column with it's data shows up just fine, it's just the header and it's label that are missing.  Was there a CSS or HTML change or somethng  I may have missed?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Hmm.. out of curiosity, try moving the ocf.ini from lang_custom/EN to lang/EN  and remove the one in lang_custom …  make sure the LAST_ACTIVE is in there (I have thought I changed stuff but never saved it)..   I think I have seen some strange stuff on occasion where for some reason the _custom stuff didn't pick up.

Paul
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Well-settled

Arbo,

I did the upgrade to 9.02 and checked (just to be sure), and the problem persisted.  So I added the LAST_ACTIVE line to the ofc.ini file in lang/EN (instead of custom) and sure enough that fixed the issue.   The Members page now shows both Join Date and Last Active with the correct headers and everything.

Thank you once again for all your help!  It was greatly appreciated!
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Well-settled

Also, I wanted to include one minor point that I don't care about, but someone else may want to know about.  It is that the Join Date column does not have the sorting arrows after the changes.  It's the only one that is missing them.

Just FYI to anyone else.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

I wonder why it doesn't see it in lang_custom but does in lang.    Perhaps a bug in the language stuff?

I noticed the join date not having the sort arrows when last active is also turned on.   Not sure about that one, I'll look into the code again and see if I can see why that is.

Paul
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Ok, found it, this is the new members.php for site/pages/modules_custom:

Attachment
» Download: members.php (14 Kb, 100 downloads so far)

Paul
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Well-settled

Yep, that fixed it.  Thanks!
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Paul
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Become a fan of Composr on Facebook or add me as a friend. Add me on on Twitter. Support me on Patreon
Was I helpful?
  • If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
  • If so, please let others know about Composr whenever you see the opportunity or support me on Patreon.
  • If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying Composr on fun personal projects.
  • If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Hmmmmmm…

Took all three files from the Github repository. Added them to the relevant *_custom folders on the CLONE site.

Got this …
Critical error - bailing out

This is an error that has been elevated to critical error status because it occurred during the primary error mechanism reporting system itself (possibly due to it occuring within the standard output framework). It may be masking a secondary error that occurred before this, but was never output - if so, it is likely strongly related to this one, thus fixing this will fix the other.
PHP ERROR [1] Call to undefined function inform_non_canonical_parameter() in site/pages/modules_custom/members.php on line 141 (version: 9.0.5, PHP version: 5.2.17, URL: /anglo_clone/pg/members)

Expand: Stack trace ... Stack trace ...

Question: Did I overlook a step somewhere? All I have done was to FTP the 'new' files to the *_custom folders on the server.

Observations, please.

:'(

Take my advice. I'm not using it!

View my working ocPortal site (version 9.x.x) at Anglo-Indian Portal
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

I should have explained really, this was for v10 -- I just wanted to post that link so Arbo could see how it was incorporated.

Become a fan of Composr on Facebook or add me as a friend. Add me on on Twitter. Support me on Patreon
Was I helpful?
  • If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
  • If so, please let others know about Composr whenever you see the opportunity or support me on Patreon.
  • If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying Composr on fun personal projects.
  • If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Chris Graham said

I should have explained really, this was for v10 …
Oops!!

Off with their heads …

:ninja:

Take my advice. I'm not using it!

View my working ocPortal site (version 9.x.x) at Anglo-Indian Portal
Back to the top

There are too many online users to list.
Control functions:

Quick reply   Contract

Your name:
Your message: