HTML Logo by World Wide Web Consortium (www.w3.org). Click to learn more about our commitment to accessibility and standards.

Moving forward with Composr

ocPortal has been relaunched as Composr CMS. ocPortal 9 is superseded by Composr 10.

Head over to compo.sr for our new site, and to our migration roadmap. Existing ocPortal member accounts have been mirrored.

Send a message to your visitors in real-time

Login / Search

[ Join | More ]
 Add topic 
Posted
Rating:

Well-settled

Hi I added:
{+START,IF,{$OR,{$IS_STAFF},{$IS_IN_GROUP,4},{$IS_IN_GROUP,1
},{$IS_SUPER_ADMIN}}}

and still doesn't display for guests or members…
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Can you please confirm that you have placed the code only in ONE place - BLOCK_SIDE_SHOUTBOX.tpl.

Voarsh said

Is telling me that you still have the OLD code in side panel. That old code is what is hiding the whole shoutbox from guests and members.

And for the new code (in BLOCK_SIDE_SHOUTBOX.tpl ) you do not want to have {$IS_IN_GROUP,1} because that will show the from to guests, which is what you don't want.

Do you have a Samsung Galaxy S / Galaxy S II ? If so, why not check out my ScreenFree FM Radio .
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Well-settled

I have no code in the page itself only in the block template.

Isn't it strange that super-members can see it and I've only allowed staff and super staff?

Super-Members can see the shoutbox but cannot use it (can't send message or use shake).
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

I'm sorry Voarsh, but you are really confusing me. Your previous post:

Voarsh said

Hi I added:
},{$IS_SUPER_ADMIN}}}

says nothing about problems with Super-Members, only with guests and members. And you have not indicated that you have changed anything.

Now you say:

Voarsh said

Isn't it strange that super-members can see it and I've only allowed staff and super staff?

What do you mean by "see it"? Are you talking about seeing the whole shoutbox or just seeing the shoutbox form, because the last code you posted has {$IS_IN_GROUP,4} to show the shoutbox form to super members, and:
Super-Members can see the shoutbox but cannot use it (can't send message or use shake).
indicates that its doing exactly what it is supposed to.

Do you have a Samsung Galaxy S / Galaxy S II ? If so, why not check out my ScreenFree FM Radio .
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Well-settled

Voarsh said
Hi I added:
},{$IS_SUPER_ADMIN}}}

says nothing about problems with Super-Members, only with guests and members. And you have not indicated that you have changed anything.

The point being, is that, Super-Members and above can see the shout box but cannot see the submit or shake buttons (Correct)

but I want guests, members to see the shout box as well, but not the controls like post and shake.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Voarsh said

The point being, is that, Super-Members and above can see the shout box but cannot see the submit or shake buttons (Correct)
How can this be correct? Didn't you want Super-Members and above to see the shout box controls?

Voarsh said

but I want guests, members to see the shout box as well, but not the controls like post and shake.
The reason guests will see the controls is because you have explicitly allowed them with {$IS_IN_GROUP,1}.

Can members see the shoutbox at all? If not, then there is something external to BLOCK_SIDE_SHOUTBOX.tpl at work here, and the only place I can think of where that might be would be the page itself.

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Well-settled

This is confusing, listen to this:

Super-Members and above CAN see the shout box, but they can't send, shake.

Only admin can…

Members and guests can't see the shout box….

I haven't put anything in the page at all.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

In that case I don't know what else to suggest.

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Well-settled

Ok, again, thanks for trying =)

:thumbs:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Admin >> Security >> Permissions tree editor

Check that you haven't inadvertently 'unchecked' the view permission for Guest (and any other that you want to see the Shoutbox) for the Chat Module.

I ALWAYS disable view access to the chat module for Guests, because this is one of the 'ports' through which spammers can leave tons of their garbage!

Just a thought!

:ninja:

Take my advice. I'm not using it!

View my working ocPortal site (version 9.x.x) at Anglo-Indian Portal
Back to the top

There are too many online users to list.
Control functions:

Quick reply   Contract

Your name:
Your message: