HTML Logo by World Wide Web Consortium (www.w3.org). Click to learn more about our commitment to accessibility and standards.

Moving forward with Composr

ocPortal has been relaunched as Composr CMS, which is now in beta. ocPortal 9 will be superseded by Composr 10.

Head over to compo.sr for our new site, and to our migration roadmap. Existing ocPortal member accounts have been mirrored.

ocPortal 5.0.2 beta 1 released (#news_213) - Comments

Login / Search

[ Join | More ]

ocPortal 5.0.2 beta 1 released

Posted 28 September 2010, 1:19 PM

5.0.2 beta 1 released. Read the full article for a list of changes, and upgrade information.

Read more

Download link here

I don't see "the attached TAR file"…
FYI-For anyone-Download link here:

Download: ocPortal Version 5.0.2 beta 1 - ocPortal.com

Fill out the form to generate it. We'll clarify the instructions next time around.

BAH! HUMBUG!

No TAR file. No notification on my Admin page. Still showing that I have the latest CURRENT version (5.0.1 - which is absolutely correct), but no invitation to link to the 5.0.2 (Beta) upgrade.

Tried another method (uploading the 'data.ocp' and 'install' to the server), but that only gave me the choice of a NEW install, and then it went and broke the site when I realised that that wasn't the way to go and exited the merry-go-round!

I guess I'll just have to wait for the RC.

Update:
Cracked it. I was looking in the wrong place. Must have had a 'severely-senior' moment!

:$

Filling out the form does not generate the TAR file?

Filling out the form works fine, haven't had trouble with it.

I'm obviously missing something. What form?

Fletch said

I'm obviously missing something. What form?

This form, Fletch.
Attachment

When you fill it with 5.0.1 you get the tar url to upgrade. Follow the steps in your website's http://mybaseurl/upgrader.php script. You will need to copy the URL of the attached TAR file during step 3.

Is this what you are missing?

Jean

Islander-aua said

Is this what you are missing?

Jean

Yup.

Update:
Belay that! Cracked it. I was looking in the wrong place. Must have had a 'severely-senior' moment!

:$

Fletch said

I was looking in the wrong place. Must have had a 'severely-senior' moment!

We've all had one I'm sure…. or will.

You just wait, buddy!

When you get to my age, and you start looking for that 'thing' (no, no, not that thing!) that you put in a really 'safe place' - and can't find it - that's when you start donating heavily to research into Alzheimers or dementia (no offence meant to anybody who has first-hand knowledge of these crippling afflictions).

Just in case … !!

:thumbs:

:offtopic:

I've already been there and done that Fletch.  :lol:

Example: One day I was looking for my glasses…and where were they? On my face!!!  :$

Eric said

I've already been there and done that Fletch. :lol:

Example: One day I was looking for my glasses…and where were they? On my face!!! :$
This has happened to you …only once? Wow! …I was going to say something but I forget what it was,

…where am I again?

Oh well. Gotta go, I'm off to find my…

did I loose something? :offtopic:

friendly said

This has happened to you …only once? Wow! …

I never said only once.  :lol:

Don't be loosing your marbles.

:offtopic: ...those I lost as a kid! :lol:

There are too many online users to list.
Control functions:

Quick reply   Contract

Your name:
Your message: