HTML Logo by World Wide Web Consortium (www.w3.org). Click to learn more about our commitment to accessibility and standards.

Moving forward with Composr

ocPortal has been relaunched as Composr CMS, which is now in beta. ocPortal 9 will be superseded by Composr 10.

Head over to compo.sr for our new site, and to our migration roadmap. Existing ocPortal member accounts have been mirrored.

faces (#downloads_346) - Comments

Login / Search

[ Join | More ]

faces by Islander-aua

Downloads: 2,102
Added: 07 October 2010
Cool Faces

Click on the picture for Demo Site

This theme serves as an example of integration with the new Facebook social graph Platform. It is already coded with a set of APIs and tools which enable you to integrate with the social graph to drive registration, personalization, and traffic to your website. It provides a simple view to visitors and members on your site, and the connections between them like friendships, likes, and other tags.

sholzy said

That did the trick, it's working great now!

I would have never clicked on that link if I hadn't been following the FaceBook saga in the different threads. I now have it bookmarked and a near-future task will be the FaceBook tie-in.

I'm glad that fixed it for you!:)

I' haven't had a chance to test this theme against new Facebook developments lately, but regular visits confirms that it is still doing what it was suppose to do: It acknowledges visitors who liked the site and list those using my Facebook "Visages" application.

Guide link

Hi, it's Nick yet again,

There seems to be something wrong with the links to the demo, but more importantly the Guide.

Sounds like a great idea though.

Nick

Sorry Nick, but I see nothing wrong with the Demo and Guide links. Maybe a traffic situation prevented them from working properly earlier for you.

Please keep in mind that the Guide was produced in October 2010 and there might be some updates from Facebook you should investigate before proceeding. I will test this myself when I have a chance and apply revisions if need be. I'll post my findings here when it is done.

Jean

Facebook

Some months ago Facebook was taking up so many hours of my day that I was forced to delete my account  :)

I had the perfect excuse last night to register again  :lol:

Perhaps you are connecting from a local machine to /planaruba.com/facebook/ ..  because I can connect to /planaruba/web20/

Nick

Nick said

Some months ago Facebook was taking up so many hours of my day that I was forced to delete my account  :)

I had the perfect excuse last night to register again  :lol:

Perhaps you are connecting from a local machine to /planaruba.com/facebook/ ..  because I can connect to /planaruba/web20/

Nick

Nick, thanks to this last comment, I think that I see your problem.

For reasons I do not know, the editor removes the http part of the addresses. Although it will work fine with most browsers, your browser tries to figure out the IP address for the domain name with a DNS lookup and fails to find it.

Try entering the full address: http://planaruba.com/facebook/
You will find the guide in the website's forum.

Jean

Jean, I jumped through all Facebook's loops, and managed to get the integration working !

I've tested the "logon" and the "like" functions on my test site - both seem to work properly.

I missed the fact that I should install the ocPortal facebook addon - because I knew I had ticked the facebook "box" when I installed ocPortal.

Of course, then ocPortal does all the work for you. :lol:

Jean said

Try entering the full address: http://planaruba.com/facebook/
You will find the guide in the website's forum.

Jean

A heads up for you…
I just clicked on your link but received a stack trace instead.

Thanks for reporting this Steve!

I cannot reproduce this however. But again, I've been having intermittent Domain blockages since Friday which seemed to have been caused by compromised browsers. Reinstalling browsers, solved nothing, so I switched to my emergency partition with a clean Operating system and this seems to have solved that problem. If you still encounter this error with the above address, could you please send me the stack trace?

Thanks!
Jean

sholzy said

A heads up for you… I just clicked on your link but received a stack trace instead.

Jean said

I cannot reproduce this …
Cannot reproduce either. Link works like a charm!

:thumbs:

I appreciate the confirmation Fletch!

I still get the stack trace on both Windows using IE8 and SeaMonkey, and on Linux using FireFox and SeaMonkey.

I've attached the stack if you want to look at it or maybe Chris.
Attachment
» Download: stack.txt (10 Kb, 280 downloads so far)

I think it's best the 'filesystem_caching' option (File-system caching) is disabled, I think this shows it is a bit unstable.

Chris Graham said

I think it's best the 'filesystem_caching' option (File-system caching) is disabled, I think this shows it is a bit unstable.

Thank you Steve for pursuing this!

Chris, I've disabled the filesystem_caching' option, as suggested. I normally keep it disabled on all my sites and must have overlooked this one.

Steve, let us know if it solved your access problem.

Regards,
Jean

That did the trick, it's working great now!

I would have never clicked on that link if I hadn't been following the FaceBook saga in the different threads. I now have it bookmarked and a near-future task will be the FaceBook tie-in.

Admin account

Thanks for fixing the links. I'm still playing with facebook interaction.

Perhaps I should mention a mistake I've just made. I installed a fresh site with the new Urban template to see how it looks.

I then added the facebook addon etc.

Somehow, the ADMIN account (the only user)for the website got associated facebook login - now I can only access my own site if I'm logged in to facebook - which is not ideal.  :)

Nick said

Thanks for fixing the links. I'm still playing with facebook interaction.

Perhaps I should mention a mistake I've just made. I installed a fresh site with the new Urban template to see how it looks.

I then added the facebook addon etc.

Somehow, the ADMIN account (the only user)for the website got associated facebook login - now I can only access my own site if I'm logged in to facebook - which is not ideal.  :)

Nick,

I can't help you with the Facebook addon, since I did not work with it yet.

Just to be sure I read you well, the "Faces" theme has nothing to do with the facebook addon.

Jean;)

Nick said

This is something that I also mentioned in that other thread about Facebook logins/logouts. It was one more reason I won't use the add-on until its working more reliably.

I trust that once the developers deliver integrated Facebook support that these issues will go away. All we need is a few good-sized companies with budgets choosing ocPortal and providing development income for the developers.

Bob

Love it.  Now, here's the thing…I am a complete novice and would really predicate it if someone could walk me through the installation process for this theme and for a few ad dons I am interested in trying.   O_o

For the theme (and most addons) you can add it by going to your Admin Zone then "Styles -> Themes" and clicking "Import an Addon" from there. The rest should be self explanatory.

1 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None
Control functions:

Quick reply   Contract

Your name:
Your message: