HTML Logo by World Wide Web Consortium (www.w3.org). Click to learn more about our commitment to accessibility and standards.

Moving forward with Composr

ocPortal has been relaunched as Composr CMS, which is now in beta. ocPortal 9 will be superseded by Composr 10.

Head over to compo.sr for our new site, and to our migration roadmap. Existing ocPortal member accounts have been mirrored.

3.2.2 released (#news_127)

Login / Search

[ Join | More ]

This is a spacer post for an ocPortal comment topic. The content this topic relates to: 3.2.2 released

I am installing it now.
I noticed some thing missing but thats ok.
ip.board 2.3.1 is out and works fine with ocPortal as it was mainly just preformence improvements that was done. Actually from what I have seen they made it faster, which was what they wanted but not only that they made the file smaller so it takes up less room on the server.
Any way whats missing is in the installer it does not list ipb 2.3.*

Umm way does it say /array in the ftp location?

amichan said

I am installing it now.
ip.board 2.3.1 is out and works fine with ocPortal as it was mainly just preformence improvements that was done. Actually from what I have seen they made it faster, which was what they wanted but not only that they made the file smaller so it takes up less room on the server.

We can't claim compatibility unless we perform some extensive tests from our test set, so for now any compatibility is not fully guaranteed (we don't have the time to do this right now).

amichan said

Umm way does it say /array in the ftp location?

I made a bug and it didn't come up on my test environment unfortunately. This will be fixed soon.

Chris Graham said

amichan said

I am installing it now.

We can't claim compatibility unless we perform some extensive tests from our test set, so for now any compatibility is not fully guaranteed (we don't have the time to do this right now).

Ya I know thats why I did it for you.  :lol:

It works as good as 2.2, there is really very little difference in the sql aspect of 2.3 as I can and am importing sql data from a 2.2 install to a 2.3 install with out any problems.
From my understanding just the files were changed in order to speed it up and it has greatly been speed up.
I think they did this do to some really busy sites get cpu issues, which has definitely been taken care of.
Now when 3 comes out there will be sql changes so that might need a lot more testing but I think by then ocPortal 4 will be out.

A good, this is a good sign of continued development of ocPortal and a great one too. I can't afford registration of my copy so I can't suprt your 'wages' yet.  ;)

A month and a half since the 3.2.2 patch release, and only 3 'fixes' needed to be rolled out. And they were within the first 24-48 hours, too.

Must be the most stable patch release so far. Perhaps you guys should consider holding off releasing anything else until 4.0?

:thumbs:

Fletch said

A month and a half since the 3.2.2 patch release, and only 3 'fixes' needed to be rolled out. And they were within the first 24-48 hours, too.

Must be the most stable patch release so far. Perhaps you guys should consider holding off releasing anything else until 4.0?

:thumbs:

I could not agree more.

Thanks for your comments :). There will however be at least one more release, as quite a few minor problems have been fixed, and a small number of important ones (which are now all in the bug database).

Notable bugs:
  • Error when posting certain URLs in Comcode
  • Problem deleting catalogue categories
  • Shoutbox on IE
  • Subgalleries may go missing, for a flow-mode gallery
  • WYSIWYG editor line-spacing

Minor problems / changes:
  • Fixed a grammar error in point store
  • Fixed an error in a Point Store email (the purchased product name was used in place of the username  of the purchaser)
  • Certain hack-attack messages have been made clearer
  • Corrupted language cacheing files will no longer cause a site to go down until the cache is cleared
  • The Theme Wizard now supports language pack images
  • A fringe problem when calculating quiz winners has been fixed
  • IE will no longer produce Javascript errors when using the WYSIWYG editor (they were benign)
  • The 'url' and 'email' Comcode tags now support tooltips via the new 'title' attribute
  • The WYSIWYG editor now can preserve URL tooltips when converting to Comcode
  • Various templates have now been given some additional parameters, to aid customisation
  • The side_calendar block now supports the calendar module existing in multiple zones, with specification of the zone to link to
  • Two bugs in the old Comcode 'menu' syntax have been fixed
  • In certain cases, fatal ocPortal errors are now picked up properly and explained to the user (such as missing files needed at startup)
  • Problems with CEDI search have been fixed
  • The 'edit page' link on panels now links to the Comcode editor if the user has no access to the Zone editor
  • Certain corner case problems have been fixed (e.g. corrupt tar handling, or handling of double-deletes, or bad web spider requests)
  • A bug in IE's border handling has been worked around for the display of boxes
  • A problem causing some OcCLE commands to fail on IE has been fixed
  • A problem with the new side-box tray support has been fixed (XHTML validation / display)
  • The newsletter signup/subscription-editing is now more user-friendly
  • Problems with search block cacheing have been fixed
  • An XHTML validation problem with complex menu names has been fixed
  • A problem with attachment captions has been fixed
  • ocPortal no longer requires the ability to make network connections
  • ocPortal can now survive bad default settings of socket-timeouts
  • Various problems with data escaping have been fixed
  • The XHTML validation screen is now scrollable

A new release is imminent.

wow I had no idea about most of those and some I thought were already fixed but still a month with out a new release is good.

Hmmmmm …

MORE exhaustive file comparisons on the horizon! But what else have I got to do with my retirment hours?

Bring 'em on …

1 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None
Control functions:

Quick reply   Contract

Your name:
Your message: