HTML Logo by World Wide Web Consortium (www.w3.org). Click to learn more about our commitment to accessibility and standards.

Moving forward with Composr

ocPortal has been relaunched as Composr CMS, which is now in beta. ocPortal 9 will be superseded by Composr 10.

Head over to compo.sr for our new site, and to our migration roadmap. Existing ocPortal member accounts have been mirrored.

[Solved]7.1.5 Upgrade and Possible Themeing Concern?

Login / Search

[ Join | More ]
 Add topic 
Posted
Rating:
#75037 (In Topic #15577)

Fan in action

Just seeing if anyone else is having any issues restoring or using an imported theme other than the default?

I think I might have become slightly cocky since the last handful of upgrades (for me) went seamlessly. After the latest update my custom themes were wiped it seems. The first site I upgraded I used the the file integrity check with theme upgrading. I have used this without issue in the past so I figured why switch up something that has been rolling so smoothly. After seeing the theme changed to the OCP default and my custom themes were coming back as the default after making them the default, I switched to upgrading the next couple of sites using the "without" automatic theme upgrade. Same thing.

I have switched up themes on my sites many times with success so I unless something changed, I am doing the same old same old. I check the permissions, tick the box to use the theme over all zones, OCP does its thinking and I check home page out and it remains the default theme. Cleared and re-cleared cache and used the website cleanup tools. I have even imported the latest and great copy of the base themes from OCP's add-ons, go through the process and the OCP blue default theme is all that pops up.

Edit: LOL I know it is not me this time. I just checked one of my sites which is running 7.1.4 and it switches back and forth from theme to theme very smoothly. If this should be placed elsewhere I am sorry or if I should start a support ticket let me know. Been using OCP for awhile and now and have had virtually no concerns and figure this is a bug maybe. Thanks!

(Found my sites with this issue were starting up in keep-it-safe-mode after the update which uses the OCP default theme as part of the process. I did not elect to re-open the site in safe mode but all should be good now. If you run into this by chance, just log-out as admin and re-login.)

Last edit: by Captain Kirk

"You Can't Always Get What You Want"
Mick Jagger, Rolling Stones: 1969~Let It Bleed Album 
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Fan in action

Oh Yeah! I need this done right now!

LOL Just playin' and Homey Don't Play that game. These are just some test or work in progress sites which I use to upgrade first for purposes of testing the waters. So there is no real rush. Plus I have multiple backups of everything so I am as safe as one can get. Years of "Oh Yeah! I should have backed that up" have gotten to me when living in this on-line drama filled world we love. :lol:

Just seeing if anyone else has noticed this before I start digging myself deeper/ I mean out! :P

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Fan in action

LOL I think it is "safe" to say that I have figured this one out. I did not elect to start after the update in keep-it-safe-mode but the sites that are having the concern have urls ending in this. Marking as Solved for now. Thanks.

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Congrats, Cap'n.

It took an hour and 25 mins, but it looks like you resolved the problem yourself.

Been the unfortunate recipient of '&keep=' in the past, and its taken me much longer to rumble that little turkey!

:thumbs:

Take my advice. I'm not using it!

View my working ocPortal site (version 9.x.x) at Anglo-Indian Portal
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

For not giving up!:thumbs:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Fan in action

Thanks guys. Just a false alarm on my part lol!

Thanks to OCPortal and Chris though. This update put an end to some errors messages. Very nice!:thumbs: 

Back to the top

There are too many online users to list.
Control functions:

Quick reply   Contract

Your name:
Your message: