HTML Logo by World Wide Web Consortium (www.w3.org). Click to learn more about our commitment to accessibility and standards.

ocPortal.com upgraded

Login / Search

[ Join | More ]

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

sholzy said

Chris Graham said

Ok ok ;).

The change was in response to feedback here, and will be refined again :thumbs:.
This is the kind of responsiveness that helps make ocPortal a top-notch CMS.  :thumbs:

Changes were made to improve something that seemed like a trivial part of the posting process, but instead it created chaos and confusion. When the peasants balked, the king listened. Order was restored to the kingdom.  :lol:  :thumbs:
I completely agree. ocPortal is such a good product because it it not mired by committee decisions and Chris is always willing to hear out the opinions of others and concede when a strong argument is made. Of course, he doesn't concede often because his arguments usually trump those of the dissenters.

Bob
Back to the top

Posted
Item has a rating of 5 (Liked by Jean)  
Rating:

ocStaff (admin)

You guys would love to have been 'flies on the wall' during ocPortal's infancy when it was just Chris, Allen, and me on the team.

Chris used to come at everything with a programmer's mindset (i.e. if it's powerful, then it's great, no matter the complexity).

Allen used to come at everything with a designer's mindset (i.e. if it's pretty, then it's great).

And I used to come at everything with a user's mindset (i.e. if it's easy and intuitive, then it's great).

We had such fun arguing our points until we were able to come up with a solution that ticked all the boxes. This is how most of the original ocPortal features came to life. I think this small-group worked really well for us, because we were able to get that perfect balance between power, design, and usability.

Like ocPortal on Facebook:
Back to the top

Posted
Item has a rating of 5 (Liked by Robbie Goacher)  
Rating:

Community saint

Robbie-

It clearly worked well and, it seems, instilled a culture that continues today.

Bob
Back to the top

1 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None
Control functions:

Quick reply   Contract

Your name:
Your message: