HTML Logo by World Wide Web Consortium (www.w3.org). Click to learn more about our commitment to accessibility and standards.

Moving forward with Composr

ocPortal has been relaunched as Composr CMS. ocPortal 9 is superseded by Composr 10.

Head over to compo.sr for our new site, and to our migration roadmap. Existing ocPortal member accounts have been mirrored.

Let's spread a word about ocPortal

Login / Search

[ Join | More ]

Posted
Rating:

Not really, 'v8' isn't really predicated on catalogues.

Become a fan of Composr on Facebook or add me as a friend. Add me on on Twitter. Support me on Patreon
Was I helpful?
  • If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
  • If so, please let others know about Composr whenever you see the opportunity or support me on Patreon.
  • If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying Composr on fun personal projects.
  • If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

So do any of the items listed help to lay a foundation for system 8?

Bob
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Not really, but I wouldn't think like that. They are probably more useful than the v8 stuff, which is very enterprise and programmer focused. They're not incompatible with it, it's all good.

Become a fan of Composr on Facebook or add me as a friend. Add me on on Twitter. Support me on Patreon
Was I helpful?
  • If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
  • If so, please let others know about Composr whenever you see the opportunity or support me on Patreon.
  • If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying Composr on fun personal projects.
  • If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Okay, I understand now. I just want to make sure that anything I sponsor is not some one-off but rather something that contributes to ocPortal moving forward.

Bob
Back to the top

Posted
Item has a rating of 5 (Liked by Chris GrahamLiked by sholzyLiked by JeanLiked by Robbie Goacher)  
Rating:

Community saint

Been over a year since anybody 'actively' tried to promote ocPortal - CMS Critic being a one-off!

So there I was strolling along, completely in tune with my world, when I saw these geezers with paste and brushes. I asked if they'd humour an old man, and they agreed …

Carried away with that success I had more posters slapped up in several different places …

Not content with that, I asked these two if they could produce something. They agreed to try, and I must say the outcome was pleasing …

Once you're on a roll it's hard to stop, so this graffiti 'artist' got roped in too …

They say that when you visit Paris you must see it by day and by night. I agree. And I think ocPortal needs to be seen in all conditions …

One regret I have is that I am not able to fund something like this …

… but it would make a wonderful stocking filler for the forthcoming season, and also help to spread the word.

And if any of you are in the neighbourhood of Hollywood, please take a stroll and view this …

Happy Holidays All!

:thumbs:

Take my advice. I'm not using it!

View my working ocPortal site (version 9.x.x) at Anglo-Indian Portal
Back to the top

Posted
Item has a rating of 5 (Liked by sholzy)  
Rating:

Community saint

Fletch said

Once you're on a roll it's hard to stop, so this graffiti 'artist' got roped in too …

Fletch, while I love your enthusiasm in promoting ocPortal,  I'm afraid you went too far with the graffiti.

We should not stoop to vandalism just to promote ocPortal.

Do you have a Samsung Galaxy S / Galaxy S II ? If so, why not check out my ScreenFree FM Radio .
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Honoured member

temp1024 said

Fletch said

Fletch, while I love your enthusiasm in promoting ocPortal,  I'm afraid you went too far with the graffiti.

Oh, the hell with that.  Graffiti on!  (Hi, guys!  Lookee–I can see the forums and post again!)

Hitch

I always ask myself: WWWWD?, or, "What Would Wonder Woman Do?"
How come we have Yahoo IM, AIM, ICQ, you name it, but no field for Skype contact info?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Oh, the hell with that.  Graffiti on!  (Hi, guys!  Lookee-I can see the forums and post again!)

Hitch

Welcome back! That's weird, we moved servers, but no code changes on ocportal.com recently, maybe some kind of network problem :o .

Was I helpful?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Wonderful work and quite Inspirational, Fletch!:cool:

What do they say...Watch your thoughts; they become actions. Watch your actions; they may change the world to what you wish to see...;)
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Honoured member

Chris Graham said

Welcome back! That's weird, we moved servers, but no code changes on ocportal.com recently, maybe some kind of network problem :o .

I can't explain it, any more than I could explain the problem in the first place.  I never could figure out why I couldn't log in, or even see the forums, nor post–remember, when I sponsored that one addon?  Very frustrating.  Whatever has occurred, I received a notification about Fletch's addition to this thread and, voila!–I'm here.  ;-)

Good to see you guys.  (Unfortunately, in the last year, I've spent a  lot of $$$ getting my entire site revamped in Expression Engine, but, hey–you know in my heart, I love OCP!

H

I always ask myself: WWWWD?, or, "What Would Wonder Woman Do?"
How come we have Yahoo IM, AIM, ICQ, you name it, but no field for Skype contact info?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Fan in training

temp1024 said

Fletch said

RockOn Fletch….. temp1024 GetAlife its a poster  :lol:
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

reddwarfnz said

RockOn Fletch…..

OK, RD. Had completely forgotten about this. I think you'll find temp1024 tends to 'sucker you in' with his tongue-in-cheek comments!

Glad to see another visitor from that part of the world …

:thumbs:

Take my advice. I'm not using it!

View my working ocPortal site (version 9.x.x) at Anglo-Indian Portal
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Fan in training

Fletch said

temp1024 tends to 'sucker you in' with his tongue-in-cheek comments!

Yes……… "many a true word said in gest"  :P
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Fletch said

temp1024 tends to 'sucker you in' with his tongue-in-cheek comments!
Absolutely, and you should know Fletch as this isn't the only one that went your way. :thumbs:

Do you have a Samsung Galaxy S / Galaxy S II ? If so, why not check out my ScreenFree FM Radio .
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Fan in training

Has anyone tested the new Composr CMS?

Andre Jones Sena
Back to the top

1 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None
Control functions:

Quick reply   Contract

Your name:
Your message: