HTML Logo by World Wide Web Consortium (www.w3.org). Click to learn more about our commitment to accessibility and standards.

Moving forward with Composr

ocPortal has been relaunched as Composr CMS, which is now in beta. ocPortal 9 will be superseded by Composr 10.

Head over to compo.sr for our new site, and to our migration roadmap. Existing ocPortal member accounts have been mirrored.

puppy linux 2.16

Login / Search

[ Join | More ]
 Add topic 
Posted
Rating:
#32126 (In Topic #7292)

Community saint

This is one of my favorite distros of linux.
One of the main reasons I like it is because it is fast and easy to use.
Another reason is my old laptop that I used to have xandros linux stopped working correctly.
Basically it kept telling me the hard drive had failed. I got another hard drive and same thing. I went into the bios and it showed that the hard drive had 0 gb/mb/kb or space so I ran some tools and a few of them said it was a bios problem.
What I did to see where the problem actually was is I put the hard drive in another computer and it worked in all the other computers I tried, both hard drives did.
So basically I downloaded puppy linux because it is a live cd and started using it so I could still use my laptop. Although with out a hard drive puppy linux basically turned the computer into a portable dvd player as that was all I used it for, the internet did work but only though eithernet so I used used it as a dvd player.
Also puppy linux is the only live cd distro that I know of that allows you to remove the live cd while using it, which is how I was able to play dvds.

DistroWatch.com: Puppy Linux
Home Page | Puppy Linux

Last edit: by amichan

I run http://otakuplayground.com and am hopping to make themes and other things for ocportal even though I no longer use it for otakuplayground.com I still love it and feel it could go far with the right help. It needs themes and needs people to advertise for it.
Back to the top

1 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None
Control functions:

Quick reply   Contract

Your name:
Your message: