HTML Logo by World Wide Web Consortium ( Click to learn more about our commitment to accessibility and standards.

Moving forward with Composr

ocPortal has been relaunched as Composr CMS, which is now in beta. ocPortal 9 will be superseded by Composr 10.

Head over to for our new site, and to our migration roadmap. Existing ocPortal member accounts have been mirrored.

puppy linux 2.16

Login / Search

[ Join | More ]
 Add topic 
#32126 (In Topic #7292)

Community saint

This is one of my favorite distros of linux.
One of the main reasons I like it is because it is fast and easy to use.
Another reason is my old laptop that I used to have xandros linux stopped working correctly.
Basically it kept telling me the hard drive had failed. I got another hard drive and same thing. I went into the bios and it showed that the hard drive had 0 gb/mb/kb or space so I ran some tools and a few of them said it was a bios problem.
What I did to see where the problem actually was is I put the hard drive in another computer and it worked in all the other computers I tried, both hard drives did.
So basically I downloaded puppy linux because it is a live cd and started using it so I could still use my laptop. Although with out a hard drive puppy linux basically turned the computer into a portable dvd player as that was all I used it for, the internet did work but only though eithernet so I used used it as a dvd player.
Also puppy linux is the only live cd distro that I know of that allows you to remove the live cd while using it, which is how I was able to play dvds. Puppy Linux
Home Page | Puppy Linux

Last edit: by amichan

I run and am hopping to make themes and other things for ocportal even though I no longer use it for I still love it and feel it could go far with the right help. It needs themes and needs people to advertise for it.
Back to the top
1 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None
Control functions:

Quick reply   Contract

Your name:
Your message: