HTML Logo by World Wide Web Consortium (www.w3.org). Click to learn more about our commitment to accessibility and standards.

Moving forward with Composr

ocPortal has been relaunched as Composr CMS, which is now in beta. ocPortal 9 will be superseded by Composr 10.

Head over to compo.sr for our new site, and to our migration roadmap. Existing ocPortal member accounts have been mirrored.

Fox Fire (3.5.5) VRS Internet Explorer 8

Login / Search

[ Join | More ]
 Add topic 
Posted
Rating:
#56214 (In Topic #12225)

Fan in action

Browser Issues

Tonight I was uploading a file using Fox Fire 3.5.5 when I would receive an error message

"Output stream failed (wrong path?) for/public_html/uploads/incoming/10235.dat."

I tried to upload twice and received the same message again ….

SO I did a test …

Opened Internet Explorer 8 and uploaded my file without any issues…

Can anyone please tell me why ocPortal discriminates between the two browsers?

Any issues using Mac or Apple browsers?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

You've enabled Java uploads but not configured them correctly. This is an advanced feature, so to be honest you probably don't want it on unless you're sure exactly how to set it up.

It probably works on IE because IE doesn't have the Java plugin installed/enabled on whatever computer you're on.

Become a fan of ocPortal on Facebook or add me as a friend. Add me on on Twitter.
Was I helpful?
  • If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
  • If so, please let others know about ocPortal whenever you see the opportunity.
  • If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying ocPortal on fun personal projects.
  • If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Fan in action

Now that you mention turning on Java .. I do remember seeing that in the Advanced Setup feature … and do remember turning it on ..

However, I was thinking it was used for Java script features inside html … (is that correct?)

Never the less, I will shut down that feature and try it again using Fox FIre..

Thanks!

[wheres that life preserver emotioncon]
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Java and Javascript are entirely different things, that's a common mistake people make (the similarity is branding only, and historic). We'll amend the language used to make sure this is clear.

Become a fan of ocPortal on Facebook or add me as a friend. Add me on on Twitter.
Was I helpful?
  • If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
  • If so, please let others know about ocPortal whenever you see the opportunity.
  • If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying ocPortal on fun personal projects.
  • If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Fan in action

Aw! .. Now I understand .. Your correct, it does make a difference ..  Thanks again ..

Back to the top

1 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None
Control functions:

Quick reply   Contract

Your name:
Your message: