HTML Logo by World Wide Web Consortium (www.w3.org). Click to learn more about our commitment to accessibility and standards.

Moving forward with Composr

ocPortal has been relaunched as Composr CMS, which is now in beta. ocPortal 9 will be superseded by Composr 10.

Head over to compo.sr for our new site, and to our migration roadmap. Existing ocPortal member accounts have been mirrored.

[v7.1.3] M.S.N. - Forum Statistics

Login / Search

[ Join | More ]
 Add topic 
Posted
Rating:
#73147 (In Topic #15316)

Community saint

I've been stumped for a little while at this, so coming to the aide of the forums. :)

First, a quick rundown.

I have a site where www.mysite.com is forwarded to subdomain.mysite.com (for a specific reason there is no site on the main domain page). A lot of content had been added for guests and members alike.

Now, a forums was to be implemented. But because in the future there could be a subdomain-2.mysite.com, a forums was needed on its own domain so subdomain and subdomain-2 could share the same forums. So forums.mysite.com was created.

Because subdomain was created before forums, subdomain had to be the main members/forums database (this is my fault). forums site was created and using the multi-site network option, the members/forums database was now shared between both subdomain and forums sites.

Here comes my stumpiness.

When viewing the second created site forums (which is linked to the subdomain members/forums database), the forum statistics at the bottom looks like this:

forums.mysite.com

I noticed the legend was missing and the Who's Online stuff. I figured this was a settings issue, but I cannot seem to figure it out. I've been opening both site admin options to see if they match and I don't see any differences. I may have passed by an option, but I don't recall doing so.

This is my subdomain forums statistics viewing. This is how I want the forums.mysite.com to look like.

subdomain.mysite.com

Anyone know where my flaws are in forums.mysite.com? (Remember, both are using same members/forums database… and subdomain is the ORIGINAL one where forums is linking to.)

Eric DeMars . com
My electronic portfolio and personal site. Uses ocPortal!
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Do you have the hidden session_prudence option on, or more than 200 online members (site very busy, or users online time very high).

Become a fan of ocPortal on Facebook or add me as a friend. Add me on on Twitter.
Was I helpful?
  • If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
  • If so, please let others know about ocPortal whenever you see the opportunity.
  • If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying ocPortal on fun personal projects.
  • If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Shoot….I've been looking at my admin pages for so long, I don't even know where to look for that.

Eric DeMars . com
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

If you set it, you'd remember.

Become a fan of ocPortal on Facebook or add me as a friend. Add me on on Twitter.
Was I helpful?
  • If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
  • If so, please let others know about ocPortal whenever you see the opportunity.
  • If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying ocPortal on fun personal projects.
  • If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

I don't recall touching anything on those lines during installation or working in the Configuration options.

So if that's not the case….?

Eric DeMars . com
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

I found the answer to this one:

Chris Graham said

or more than 200 online members (site very busy, or users online time very high)

Which is no… kept it at its default:

Eric DeMars . com
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

I've now tested this situation and I could not reproduce.

On the failing site I would check the sessions table, to see if the cache_username fields are all blank (they should not be) or if there are huge numbers of sessions built up somehow.

Was I helpful?
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

I ended up just reinstalling both and reversing it. Didn't take me much time to redo what I've already had done.

Eric DeMars . com
Back to the top

1 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None
Control functions:

Quick reply   Contract

Your name:
Your message: