HTML Logo by World Wide Web Consortium (www.w3.org). Click to learn more about our commitment to accessibility and standards.

Moving forward with Composr

ocPortal has been relaunched as Composr CMS, which is now in beta. ocPortal 9 will be superseded by Composr 10.

Head over to compo.sr for our new site, and to our migration roadmap. Existing ocPortal member accounts have been mirrored.

[v5.0.1] Attachments error

Login / Search

[ Join | More ]
 Add topic 
Posted
Rating:
#62872 (In Topic #13643)

Honoured member

document.getElementById("file" + numAttachments) is null

Hi.

I'm using a German version of ocPortal.

1. When I move the mouse over the upload button it always disappers.
2. Every time I go step by step - upload - choose picture - thumbnail / full-size I get an error:

6: document.getElementById("file" + numAttachments) is null
http://www.andromedaforum.de/themes/default/templates_cached/DE/javascript_posting.js

When I use the Englisch version, there is no problem.

I could not resolve the problem by myself :(

btw: Is there a possibilty to delete attachments?

Best regards
Falko

ANDROMEDA - Das junge Beobachterforum :)
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

The quotes in:
Tabelle "Eintrag" zu "Wert"

are interfering with the XHTML. They need to be removed or replaced with equivalent HTML entities.

Become a fan of ocPortal on Facebook or add me as a friend. Add me on on Twitter.
Was I helpful?
  • If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
  • If so, please let others know about ocPortal whenever you see the opportunity.
  • If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying ocPortal on fun personal projects.
  • If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Honoured member

Thanks for reply.

Where I should make the changes?

I looked around but does not found Tabelle "Eintrag" zu "Wert".

Best regards
Falko

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

I think this is the string MAP_TABLE.

Become a fan of ocPortal on Facebook or add me as a friend. Add me on on Twitter.
Was I helpful?
  • If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
  • If so, please let others know about ocPortal whenever you see the opportunity.
  • If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying ocPortal on fun personal projects.
  • If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Honoured member

Hi Chris,

I could solve the problems.

I made the following changes:

ATTACHMENT.tpl said

<div class="wide_table_wrap"><table summary= "MAP_TABLE" class="dottedborder wide_table">
When I move the mouse over the upload button it always disappers.

The button always disappeard because of false image sizes. My own German buttons were 25px height (instead original 20px). So I changed the images height and only adapted the image width.

JAVASCRIPT_SWFUPLOAD.tpl said

button_width: 69,

Best regards
Falko

Back to the top

1 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None
Control functions:

Quick reply   Contract

Your name:
Your message: