HTML Logo by World Wide Web Consortium (www.w3.org). Click to learn more about our commitment to accessibility and standards.

Moving forward with Composr

ocPortal has been relaunched as Composr CMS, which is now in beta. ocPortal 9 will be superseded by Composr 10.

Head over to compo.sr for our new site, and to our migration roadmap. Existing ocPortal member accounts have been mirrored.

v3.0.7 - Possible enhancements list

Login / Search

[ Join | More ]
 Add topic 
Posted
Rating:
#22184 (In Topic #5358)

Community saint

Future features and possible enhancements or clarifications - Forums related

:thumbs:I have found a terrific thread or forum that a colleague of mine who is not a member of OCP HAS to read.How do I send them an email telling them to look at this forum from within OCP? Also sending a member an alert to a great post. Sure I can copy/paste the URL and embed in a third party email client and send.

:thumbs:If you set up multiple closed membership groups (for forum use) currently on joining, these groups can be presented to a new public member in a list. The proposed new member can select the groups they wish to join. A system wide email is sent to site admin requesting validation … Is there any interest in being able to send a system email to EACH individual Group Leader (Group leaders are able to be added to group) who manages the respective group so rather than site administrator management it drops to a lower level of group leader management for validation.

:thumbs:Is there any thought to park a half finished forum reply.For example in a long post where additional information has to be researched. A function to park the post for future editing and future publishing might be handy. What do you do when you have to sit down and half finish a post.

:thumbs:Any thought to highlight the banned words in the spell checker. Took me ages to find I mispelt the word SIT with an H in the wrong place.

Anyone got any interesting thoughts for future enhancements?

It would be great to see a list of proposed enhancement thoughts from members in some sort of list in one place under each of the relative zones or functional areas that the enhancement relates to.

;)

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

OneRingRules said

:thumbs:I have found a terrific thread or forum that a colleague of mine who is not a member of OCP HAS to read.How do I send them an email telling them to look at this forum from within OCP? Also sending a member an alert to a great post. Sure I can copy/paste the URL and embed in a third party email client and send.

Here is a thought.. In whispers you can post a private thread to any one of the members who have a posted a thread in a topic (click the check box for the thread). If there was a pull down selection list of "other members" then you could send the the thread / forum topic to any member. It would not solve sending to external members but would solve sending to internal members who are not currently involved in the threads for that topic. see pic.

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

OneRingRules said

:thumbs:Is there any thought to park a half finished forum reply.For example in a long post where additional information has to be researched. A function to park the post for future editing and future publishing might be handy. What do you do when you have to sit down and half finish a post.

:S Whos dumb idea was this suggestion? - Open yr text editor open office or MS word and save the file for later re editing. Shheeeez where did this suggestion come from. :lol:

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Just a quick note to say we're reading these. Thanks.

Become a fan of ocPortal on Facebook or add me as a friend. Add me on on Twitter.
Was I helpful?
  • If not, please let us know how we can do better (please try and propose any bigger ideas in such a way that they are fundable and scalable).
  • If so, please let others know about ocPortal whenever you see the opportunity.
  • If my reply is too Vulcan or expressed too much in business-strategy terms, and not particularly personal, I apologise. As a company & project maintainer, time is very limited to me, so usually when I write a reply I try and make it generic advice to all readers. I'm also naturally a joined-up thinker, so I always express my thoughts in combined business and technical terms. I recognise not everyone likes that, don't let my Vulcan-thinking stop you enjoying ocPortal on fun personal projects.
  • If my response can inspire a community tutorial, that's a great way of giving back to the project as a user.
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

And I like your little cut-out shadow effect, too. ;)

Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Rejection of member application to join a Group

:thumbs: Perhaps a Group Leader or Site Admin could have the ability to put a reason for the rejection of a member wanting to join a group. The Group Leader might want additional information. Add a reason field
Back to the top

Posted
Rating:

Community saint

Deleting a member - Incorrect view

When you delete a member the page refreshes after the PROCEED option and the screen indicates "operation has completed". The view however is then left in the member account you just deleted so none of the side bar functions will execute as the account no longer exists. I would suggest after the PROCEED operation the function / screen takes the admin or site staff back to the member list where they first started. You then need to go ADMIN>TOOLS>Edit member>select member for next deletion… O_o

Back to the top

1 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None
Control functions:

Quick reply   Contract

Your name:
Your message: